USA today's Myerberg's CFB ranks kicks off with #125:GSU

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Come to think of it, I thought I recalled our bottom 6 being the 2nd best in the business. I think we've got, what, 5 members in that list already? Pitt, Cuse, Duke, BC, WF, anybody I'm missing?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Who is No. 70? This school is the only non-service academy in FBS without the word "University" in the school's official name.
Uh oh.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Well that's dumb because there are more than just one.
It's gtphd being dumb not Myerberg (in this case), the actual clue is:

— Who is No. 70? This university was the first in the United States to create a degree program designed to train police officers.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like

— Who is No. 70? This university was the first in the United States to create a degree program designed to train police officers.
What a bastard. I reported him for thread jacking.

K

KillerGroove

That's interesting considering how community college would probably kick most cop's asses.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
this seems strange to me, first it says that UC Berkeley was the first to establish a school of criminology but then they say that a student from that program went to Wichita State and started the first police science degree

so, Wichita State

August Vollmer, the first police chief of Berkeley, Calif., and considered the father of modern-day policing, first proposed that police officers should be college educated. He established the first school of criminology in 1916. “Vollmer’s emphasis on an educated policeman has been carried forward and expanded under each of the three men who have succeeded him” according to Time magazine.
wiki:
In the ensuing years, Vollmer's reputation as the "father of modern law enforcement" grew. He was the first chief to require that police officers attain college degrees, and persuaded the University of California to teach criminal justice. In 1916, UC Berkeley established a criminal justice program, headed by Vollmer.[1] At Berkeley, he taught O.W. Wilson, who went on to become a professor and continued efforts to professionalize policing, by being the first to establish the first police science degree at Municipal University of Wichita (now Wichita State University).[2][3] This is often seen as the start of criminal justice as an academic field.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
this seems strange to me, first it says that UC Berkeley was the first to establish a school of criminology but then they say that a student from that program went to Wichita State and started the first police science degree

so, Wichita State

wiki:
Wichita state hasn't had a team in a long while.

The Jacket

The Coat
Tennessee was a few first downs, a third-down conversion, a fourth-down stop, a two-point conversion and an errant pass away from reaching bowl eligibility last fall, the program's third year under ex-coach Derek Dooley.
Tell me that's tongue-puncturing-cheek.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Tell me that's tongue-puncturing-cheek.
I am afraid, it's not (after reading rest of the paragraph.) But, I think he means one of those happening, because game was a 3-point-game.

Regardless, woulda-coulda-shoulda...

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Tennessee at #62:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lege-football-countdown-2013-preview/2493391/

So far we have 3 of our Coastal opponents ranked low, Pittsburgh (#84), Duke (#86) and Virginia (#78). Also 1 Atlantic opponent ranked low, Syracuse (#81).

So that's half of our schedule, 6 teams, that will be 'bad' teams.
Three of those teams played in a Bowl last year. I'm not so sure this guys rankings are very reliable. Remember how long I kept expecting to see a 1-11 Kansas team?

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Three of those teams played in a Bowl last year. I'm not so sure this guys rankings are very reliable. Remember how long I kept expecting to see a 1-11 Kansas team?
You can be a bad team and make a bowl nowadays. The best out of that group was Syracuse last year, but they lost their HC and star QB to NFL, so he is predicting them to revert to their old self.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
You can be a bad team and make a bowl nowadays. The best out of that group was Syracuse last year, but they lost their HC and star QB to NFL, so he is predicting them to revert to their old self.
On the other hand, Pitt and Duke are on their way up, yet were treated the same. Virginia can't help but be better. I don't disagree with Syracuse, that could go in a lot of ways. I just expect a Bowl team from last year to be more than 10 spots higher than a 1-11 Kansas team.