118. FIU
119. UTSA
120. Akron
121. New Mexico State
122. South Alabama
123. Akron
124. Umass
125. GSU

— Who is No. 119? This team's coach is the only one in its division – and one of two in its entire conference – to lead a team to a BCS bowl.

UTSA is in WAC. Who is the other coach in WAC to have led a team to a BCS bowl?
Probably Utah State's Andersen. He was DC at Utah when they BCS busted, dunno if that counts.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I don't know if there is another option other than Memphis. Tigers appears to be the only mascot name that has 5 FBS members. Bulldogs is close, as is Eagles (Georgia Southern will be the 5th in 2014).

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Yeah, he's the first one. Was just taking a guess at the other.
I don't think that should count.

Especially considering he is not at USU anymore. Another interesting trivia: USU plays at the Romney Stadium. (named after some relative of Mitt)

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Yeah, I caught that after I posted. Kansas lost 37 games in the last four years. Averaging more than 9 losses per season at a major school is simply incompetent.

My prediction of Kansas being next on the list will simply prove my superiority (famous 3GT last words).:wink:

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lege-football-countdown-2013-preview/2166591/

Finally got one. Colorado in at #115.

Who is No. 114? The last forward from this university to be taken among the top 10 picks in the NBA draft went on to become a four-time All-Star, which bodes well for a prospect set to be taken very high on June 27.
GT1992, you're up. I am actually going to google this one now.

Also, the opening barrage against Colorado in this article makes me want to go find replays of all their games and watch them for the schadenfreude. Anyone know where I can get Colorado replays? :lol:

EDIT: Looks like KU does have at least one 4x NBA all star, albeit from 1952. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Lovellette

EDIT 2: And have a high rated prospective NBA draft pick in Ben McLemore. Dang, I think you got it.

GTCrew4b

UNLV? Were they bad last season?

to answer my own question...yes...yes they were...and the season before that...and the season before that.

Stickin' to my answer, even though research on the 4-time all-star Forward front is leaving a lot to be desired...

-EDIT-

never mind, I found him and I'm right. Kansas will have to wait.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
What's the next one? How can a 1-11 Kansas team not be up?

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Keep this one going.

North Texas was 113 and here's the hint for 112.

"— Who is No. 112? This team's coach served as an assistant on teams that reached a BCS bowl and the Super Bowl."

I'm going Kansas again. I don't know if Weiss was an assistant for a college team in a BCS game, but he did coach for the Patriots.

GTCrew4b

nm wrong guess for my first one.

I'm thinking Weis as well but don't see the connection to the BCS as an assistant.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
nm wrong guess for my first one.

I'm thinking Weis as well but don't see the connection to the BCS as an assistant.
I know, but he took Notre Dame as a head coach. I'm changing to Hawaii. Norm Chow.