USA today's Myerberg's CFB ranks kicks off with #125:GSU

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
I'm gonna laugh when Myerberg is super optimistic about Kansas and they are at like #74.

Names that haven't been called yet (and aren't Kansas) that did poorly last year:
Southern Miss
Boston College
Texas Tech
Hawaii
Army
New Mexico
Buffalo

I'll guess with Southern Miss on the back of a winless season.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
I'm gonna laugh when Myerberg is super optimistic about Kansas and they are at like #74.

Names that haven't been called yet (and aren't Kansas) that did poorly last year:
Southern Miss
Boston College
Texas Tech
Hawaii
Army
New Mexico
Buffalo

I'll guess with Southern Miss on the back of a winless season.
I've mentioned Buffalo and Hawaii. But I'm sticking with Manhattan Kansas.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
I'm guessing Tulane, w/o googling the mayor
You were correct.

"— Who is No. 108? The highest peak in this university's home state is named after a West Point graduate whose middle name doubles as a famous street in Brooklyn."

All I know, it's not Kansas because I don't know anyone with the middle name of Sunflower.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
flatbush is the street that comes to mind, but doubt that is a middle name

EDITS:

*Arizona's tallest peak is Mount Humphrey's named after West Point Grad Andrew Atkinson Humphreys but neither Arizona nor ASU are bad enough and i dont think Atkinson is popular street in Brooklyn

Last edited:

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I'm going to say University of New Mexico.

Edit: Guess I should back that up. Tallest peak in NM is Wheeler Peak, named for George Montague Wheeler (who is a West Point grad) and there is a Montague St in Brooklyn. Now is that a famous street? Hell if I know.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
I'm going to say New Mexico University.
you just beat me to it with the state but NM State was worse than NM last year. Wheeler Peak in NM is named after George Montague Wheeler, West Point grad. Montague Street is a popular street in Brooklyn

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Now is that a famous street? Hell if I know.
Bob Dylan and other hipsters of his time hung out at Capulet's on Montague Street, in Brooklyn Heights. Dylan mentions the street in the song Tangled up in Blue
I lived with them on Montague Street
In a basement down the stairs
There was music in the café at night
And revolution in the air