Vad is gone! Transferring

After soaking it all in...

This actually is a good thing. Vad can find a team that doesn't run the TO since he really does suck at it. And GT can find a QB that can run the TO. I actually look more forward to next season without Vad Lee. I hope the best for him but he just didn't fit as a TO QB. And no coach is going to change their whole offense to suit a QB. I thought CPJ added a few more things for Vad this season, but when you can't run the base offense, what is the use?

Man, this is awful. Vad having two years left was one of the only things still giving me optimism.

Also, anyone badmouthing him is an idiot. The situation didn't work out, and that's nobody's fault. Wish him the best.

It is CPJ's fault. He was trying to fit square pegs into round holes. The fanbase didn't help. Good luck to him, but he isn't a BCS QB and worth the drama of his first time threatening to leave.

he is not threatening to leave. he waited until the season was over and then he said he was leaving. no threats

i am sure the story is not as simple nor as complex as some would like to imagine

he is not threatening to leave. he waited until the season was over and then he said he was leaving. no threats

i am sure the story is not as simple nor as complex as some would like to imagine

He threatened to leave his freshmen year. Remember the story about his girlfriend and everyone bashing Tevin? I hope people have learned a new respect for Tevin, he gave it all.

Vad on twitter:

From the heart: I will miss Georgia Tech, my teammates, & all the relationships that I was fortunate to make. I greatly appreciate the 3 yrs

It is CPJ's fault. He was trying to fit square pegs into round holes. The fanbase didn't help. Good luck to him, but he isn't a BCS QB and worth the drama of his first time threatening to leave.

You fault CPJ for wanting a dual-threat QB? That is hilarious. He didn't know that Vad wouldn't develop his option game, wouldn't like it, would shy from contact, etc. He saw an athletic QB with high-end arm skills (relative to Nesbitt/Washington, anyway), and hoped to mold him to an all-round option QB. Didn't work, but he went all in with it, tweaked the offense significantly, and tried hard to make it work. I think Vad gave it a good effort as well.

CPJ knows the short comings of being a solely option team after watching LSU, Iowa, BYU, VT et al dismantle us over the years. He would clearly love to be more multiple in the threat that we pose, and I don't fault him for trying it. I hope he does again, and moreover gets to stay long enough to find that QB who makes it hum. It's too bad Damon Mitchell flipped on us last year.....

you fault cpj for wanting a dual-threat qb? That is hilarious. He didn't know that vad wouldn't develop his option game, wouldn't like it, would shy from contact, etc. He saw an athletic qb with high-end arm skills (relative to nesbitt/washington, anyway), and hoped to mold him to an all-round option qb. Didn't work, but he went all in with it, tweaked the offense significantly, and tried hard to make it work. I think vad gave it a good effort as well.

Cpj knows the short comings of being a solely option team after watching lsu, iowa, byu, vt et al dismantle us over the years. He would clearly love to be more multiple in the threat that we pose, and i don't fault him for trying it. I hope he does again, and moreover gets to stay long enough to find that qb who makes it hum. It's too bad damon mitchell flipped on us last year.....

+1000

You fault CPJ for wanting a dual-threat QB? That is hilarious. He didn't know that Vad wouldn't develop his option game, wouldn't like it, would shy from contact, etc. He saw an athletic QB with high-end arm skills (relative to Nesbitt/Washington, anyway), and hoped to mold him to an all-round option QB. Didn't work, but he went all in with it, tweaked the offense significantly, and tried hard to make it work. I think Vad gave it a good effort as well.

CPJ knows the short comings of being a solely option team after watching LSU, Iowa, BYU, VT et al dismantle us over the years. He would clearly love to be more multiple in the threat that we pose, and I don't fault him for trying it. I hope he does again, and moreover gets to stay long enough to find that QB who makes it hum. It's too bad Damon Mitchell flipped on us last year.....

Do you bow down to him every Sunday? CPJ is ultimately responsible, period. He put all his eggs into one basket and it failed. In doing so, it kept Damon Mitchell from coming even after CPJ had two years of time with Vad. Your argument is bogus and ignores reality. CPJ's decisions lead to a lot of things happening that haven't been successful.

he knew it well before then when he was OC running an offense the set passing records and running 'run and shoot' type plays

those that dont understand that you only do as much as you can do well and instead say the coach wont run it are just plain dumbasses

he knew it well before then when he was OC running an offense the set passing records and running 'run and shoot' type plays

those that dont understand that you only do as much as you can do well and instead say the coach wont run it are just plain dumbasses

We weren't doing much of anything well most of the year. Whether it was talent, scheme, or play calling, it all rests on one head. It simply wasn't working. He has one season to make it work or he'll wish he'd taken the Georgia Southern job. If he wants to prove his offense in the top division without any recruiting restrictions, that opportunity is open now. If he wants to put lackluster teams on the field and maximize his personal income, we're screwed. If he wants to prove that he isn't a failure, he has one chance left in 2014.

"I will miss Georgia Tech"

-No one ever.

I left campus after the spring of 2009 and in December I took my first few steps into the dust of Afghanistan. I think those were the first words to cross my mind.

Vad's situation is probably a little less extreme though.

I left campus after the spring of 2009 and in December I took my first few steps into the dust of Afghanistan. I think those were the first words to cross my mind.

Vad's situation is probably a little less extreme though.

There's a pitch line.

"Georgia Institute of Technology: At least you're not in Afghanistan."

There's a pitch line.

"Georgia Institute of Technology: At least you're not in Afghanistan."

The original Iron Man suit was built in a cave in Afghanistan. How can this be tied to next year's commercial?

Do you bow down to him every Sunday? CPJ is ultimately responsible, period. He put all his eggs into one basket and it failed. In doing so, it kept Damon Mitchell from coming even after CPJ had two years of time with Vad. Your argument is bogus and ignores reality. CPJ's decisions lead to a lot of things happening that haven't been successful.
wut? eggs in one basket? was jt a walk on? did we not recruit qbs the last few years?

cpj is certainly partly at fault for him leaving but it seems that you're implying that not only the factors leading up to but also thr ultimate outcome of vad leaving are detrimental. im not sure that's the case.

without knowing everything, its debatable how proficient vad would've been in a different offense. however, if the entire tech offense changed to suit vad, based on the strengths and weaknesses of the rest of the team and coaches, I think we would be worse off.

consider how poor or oline was, particularly with pass pro and the state of their coaching. consider how proficient our qb and wr staff are, particularly with complex passing routes. aback amd bback coaching could possibly be completely different.

what we're really discussing is whether changing to suit the strengths of our qb is worth potentially going against the strengths of the team and the coaches.

Back