Vandy should be kicked out of the SEC

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Vandy would be better suited for Conference USA, MAC, or maybe even the Big East. They are so pitiful at supporting the one major sport that dominates the SEC that it is an embarrassment to the other members. No student support, no alumni support, no Nashville support...heck, no administration support. They are a money drain on the SEC, and are probably only kept for tradition sake and a guaranteed win.
The ACC is above them as well, and hopefully will never offer membership to Vandy, before or after the SEC gives them the boot. The program is in shambles.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Vandy would be better suited for Conference USA, MAC, or maybe even the Big East. They are so pitiful at supporting the one major sport that dominates the SEC that it is an embarrassment to the other members. No student support, no alumni support, no Nashville support...heck, no administration support. They are a money drain on the SEC, and are probably only kept for tradition sake and a guaranteed win.
The ACC is above them as well, and hopefully will never offer membership to Vandy, before or after the SEC gives them the boot. The program is in shambles.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So where does that leave Tech, since we could barely pull out a win over the perennial doormat of the SEC? Are we in the same boat as Duke, Vandy, Rice, Northwestern, etc now? It looks that way this year.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So where does that leave Tech, since we could barely pull out a win over the perennial doormat of the SEC? Are we in the same boat as Duke, Vandy, Rice, Northwestern, etc now? It looks that way this year.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
What happened Saturday night might have been embarrassing, but a Ga. Tech team, good or bad, should always beat Vandy. I am mainly talking about the total lack of support, or athmosphere, at Vandy games. It is the exact opposite of what the SEC is.
BOO

YOu are correct, BDG. I am sorry that I do not have the money and time that you do to attend "away" games. If I did have the resources: time and monetarily, I assure you, I would be at every game. I admire you for your sacrifices. God bless you. I do sincerely wish that I had the same resources and time more as some others do. I also wish that thousands more that do; would take advantage of them.
By the way, a fan, that sacrifices such as you deserves extra room to critique/critisize. God bless you for your sacrifices.

Vandy really should give up playing big time football. I'm not certain that they would even be near the top of Conf. USA and I'm sure they would be on the low end of the MAC. People have good things to say about Coach Johnson so maybe he'll get it turned around. They won't leave the SEC though. They get a fat paycheck for all the other schools successes.

Duke might consider dropping football too. Does anyone ever really see them turning that around?

A Duke-Vandy would be a good game in a certain perverse way.

Originally posted by nathogt:
A Duke-Vandy would be a good game in a certain perverse way.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds like you are ignoring the obvious...or maybe you didn't get to see the game.

The TECH-Vandy game was a good game in a certain perverse way. It was also pitiful.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
YOu are correct, BDG. I am sorry that I do not have the money and time that you do to attend "away" games. If I did have the resources: time and monetarily, I assure you, I would be at every game. I admire you for your sacrifices. God bless you. I do sincerely wish that I had the same resources and time more as some others do. I also wish that thousands more that do; would take advantage of them.
By the way, a fan, that sacrifices such as you deserves extra room to critique/critisize. God bless you for your sacrifices.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Techsa,

that was a classy post. I want you to know that you are are just as much of a fan as anyone if you are giving EVERYTHING you can, and it sounds like you do. Everyone's budget has their limits, and people certainly have more imprtant things to do with their limited finances than spend it on football.

If you are giving it your all, then I will respect you every step of the way even if we disagree.

The problem with the internet message boards and some of the fonts who relentlessly attack other GT fans, is that they don't get to see reality. They don't see how much time, effort, and HARD EARNED CASH, that we put into being a GT fan. I do it because I can, and I do it for the kids. I certainly don't do it so I can spout my fan superiority.

I don't agree with a lot of what the Chan basher's say or how they act on this board.... but it is just a board. These "bashers" are there in person, cheering loudly where the players can hear them, and they actually put effor into being a fan. At least they have done everything they can to be a fan. That is much more than I could say for a lot of people on these message boards.

Ghost, absolutely correct. All of what you said is nutts on.

Their latest transgression of eliminating the athletic department is a huge slap in the face of the conference, especially when they have their hand out expecting a multi million dollar check every year.
I do think that their pink slip is coming.

what do you care what conference they are in as long as it is not ACC? We have our own concerns. We have NCSUcks this week.

Back