Vermont, now the laughingstock of America

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
The Vermont Principals’ Association approved a plan this week for its schools to hold a 7-on-7 touch football season instead of the traditional 11-man football, according to the Burlington Free Press. That season could resemble 7-on-7 passing leagues that are common in the offseason and wouldn’t necessarily replace having a traditional tackle football season in the winter or spring

The Vermont Principals’ Association approved a plan this week for its schools to hold a 7-on-7 touch football season instead of the traditional 11-man football, according to the Burlington Free Press. That season could resemble 7-on-7 passing leagues that are common in the offseason and wouldn’t necessarily replace having a traditional tackle football season in the winter or spring
Another modification of life after COVID unsupported by any science whatsoever. I known the intentions are good. But it just seems silly unless it’s backed by research and scientific tests— kind of like covering holes on a golf course so the ball doesn’t hit the bottom of the cup...

Another modification of life after COVID unsupported by any science whatsoever. I known the intentions are good. But it just seems silly unless it’s backed by research and scientific tests— kind of like covering holes on a golf course so the ball doesn’t hit the bottom of the cup...
I empathize with leaders in this case. Nobody has complete data from which to base decisions from so it's anyone's best guess. It would be easiest to punt and shut everything down and take no risk as a leader. It is much harder to make a decision to continue doing something, knowing you are taking a calculated risk w/o knowing really what that calculation is. 7v7 does seem like less exposure than full contact so I can see at least some logic there, even if it's just a guess.

Last edited:
The Vermont Principals Association?
I get the feeling they could hold that meeting in a phone booth.
Socially distanced, of course.
At least it's not far to Montreal.

I don't like Bernie and his politics. Come at me mods. This board sucks harder than your mothers.

Sounds like the plot for a Newhart Show episode.

1598375391859.png

Back