Vintage Tech Football Photo

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I don't recognize #77, nor the patch on his shoulder, but my guess is this photo was taken circa 1972 to 1974 based on the early season mesh tear-away jerseys.

cicada

Varsity Lurker
I don't recognize #77, nor the patch on his shoulder, but my guess is this photo was taken circa 1972 to 1974 based on the early season mesh tear-away jerseys.
Pretty sure the patch was for offensive linemen only and read "Wrecking Crew". Bill Fulcher era?

cicada

Varsity Lurker
Pretty sure the patch was for offensive linemen only and read "Wrecking Crew". Bill Fulcher era?
I'm wrong, Pepper Roger's era. Bill Fulcher's teams wore white belts and had a white and black stripe down the middle of their helmets.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
From the Pepper years, the '75, '77 & '78 games vs Miami were all played at Grant Field.

Just a guess, eliminating certain possibilities from the Starting Lineups in the Press Guide for obvious reasons - not the most reliable source, but the only one available to me - is that this is from 1978 with Kent Hill or Roy Simmons (least likely) leading possibly Rodney Lee.

Confidence Level: 0 to 1 on a scale of 0-10.

Last edited: