Virginia out with Covid - We advance to title game

johncu

Dodd-Like
I feel bad for UVA, but don't feel bad at all about catching this break. We played the hardest schedule in the ACC this year and had 2 games cancelled against inferior opponents. Not to mention we already had our own COVID break. We deserve some good luck.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I don't really see how this is a break for us. We won't get any seeding credit for a forfeit by UVA, and surely we could've used the opportunity to play another good team before the real tourney starts.

It's nice to be one win away from winning the ACC Tournament, but if there was ever a title that would have an asterisk by it, this would be the one.

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Did CJP plan the team outbreak for midseason so he wouldn't have to deal with it come tournament time?

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
I don't really see how this is a break for us. We won't get any seeding credit for a forfeit by UVA, and surely we could've used the opportunity to play another good team before the real tourney starts.

It's nice to be one win away from winning the ACC Tournament, but if there was ever a title that would have an asterisk by it, this would be the one.
do we really want any more seeding credit? Seems like 10/11 is more preferable than 8/9 (and 6/7 may as well be 10/11). We're not likely moving up as high as 5.

GTWakeinsnow

Varsity Lurker
I mean yay I guess? Does this mean UVA is out for the dance? 7 days of neg tests is the rule. That would suuuuuck for them

gtrower

Dodd-Like
"Further complicating things is the fact that UVA’s entire team jumped on Reece Beekman after his game-winning, buzzer-beating three-pointer against Syracuse on Thursday, meaning all members of the team will likely be deemed close contacts."

Cruel, cruel twist of fate.