Virginia out with Covid - We advance to title game

GT3000

Flats Noob
I feel like I already answered those questions when I said "We should absolutely play tomorrow".
The DISCUSSION that you don’t think we should be having involves the hypothetical that IF we play tomorrow and IF we contract a covid case, we can’t play in the NCAA

Which you just said you value more than the Acc tournament

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
The DISCUSSION that you don’t think we should be having involves the hypothetical that IF we play tomorrow and IF we contract a covid case, we can’t play in the NCAA

Which you just said you value more than the Acc tournament
Oh. Well, if you assume that we definitely will get COVID by playing tomorrow, then yes, I would say that we should sit out. If I have to choose between playing tomorrow and playing in the NCAA tournament, I would choose playing in the NCAA tournament.

But obviously that's not the choice that's facing us. It's extremely likely that we'll be able to play both tomorrow and in the NCAA tournament.

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
What's going to happen to all of those beers that I had planned to drink between 6:30 and 9?

GT3000

Flats Noob
Oh. Well, if you assume that we definitely will get COVID by playing tomorrow, then yes, I would say that we should sit out. If I have to choose between playing tomorrow and playing in the NCAA tournament, I would choose playing in the NCAA tournament.

But obviously that's not the choice that's facing us. It's extremely likely that we'll be able to play both tomorrow and in the NCAA tournament.
Not assuming anything. A lot of “ifs” in my statement,

but the idea of skipping is worthy of a discussion, IF it meant we can’t play in NCAA

my concern is that I believe i read a AJC article that said all acc teams(except duke) were staying at the same resort.

Now UVA has a case. Which means the resort had a case. Maybe we do already? Maybe UNC or FSU have a case. I hope not, butI’m really ready to watch the selection show tomorrow night for the first time with my 6 year old in his lifetime - withGT being seeded.

For the record, we will be watching the ACC final as well

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Just saw this. I so wanted and believed that they could take down the Yahoos, which would have boosted the resume.

This is why we can't have nice things.

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
First, I was one who didn’t care got the six days in a hotel room but it looks like Pastner was right.
Second, the number of teams getting Covid here this week is about the same for the rest of the season. In other words, no big deal.
Thirdly, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!
I prefer my bird in the bush than in the hand. YMMV.

If you catch Covid you don't get a positive test result immediately. We may already have someone infected for all we know. The risk of playing one more game is no greater than risks we've already taken.