Virginia out with Covid - We advance to title game

THWUGA

Dodd-Like
Ah classic red herring argument. No one but you said it was a hoax, but you say others called it a hoax and then criticize them for it. I think what people are saying is that 99% of healthy college athletes are at no risk of adverse long-term effects from covid. Yet it continues to be an excuse to take away opportunities from kids of all ages.
My post is the red herring? No one is talking about COVID precautions to protect student athletes, only you are. Covid precautions are about protecting the vulnerable from community spread.

No one is saying games should be taken away from kids, you just made that up - I said the extra effort it takes to give these kids those opportunities should be rewarded. It’s awesome. öööö everyone’s asterisk.

There are many posts saying there are no reasons for precautions. That’s objectively stupid. That’s what I’m talking about. COVID is real. It’s deadliness and brutality is real. The need to protect from community spread is real. Enough with all the nonsense.

madRazor

Damn Good Rat
My post is the red herring? No one is talking about COVID precautions to protect student athletes, only you are. Covid precautions are about protecting the vulnerable from community spread.

No one is saying games should be taken away from kids, you just made that up - I said the extra effort it takes to give these kids those opportunities should be rewarded. It’s awesome. öööö everyone’s asterisk.

There are many posts saying there are no reasons for precautions. That’s objectively stupid. That’s what I’m talking about. COVID is real. It’s deadliness and brutality is real. The need to protect from community spread is real. Enough with all the nonsense.
Deadly and brutal. Totally agree. They are playing the games in nursing homes, right?

RoanokeJacket

Varsity Lurker
Horse öööö

Jesus ööööing Christ

18in32

Petard Hoister
It may astonish you to learn that there are immune compromised people residing outside of nursing homes.
It seems to me that there is no science involved in everyone's reaction to COVID – just the variegated response of personal experience.

This is reminiscent of the old debates in the 60's and 70's about car safety. Just how safe is driving supposed to be? And how expensive/burdensome/less useful should we make it, in order to achieve those levels of safety?

There's no science that answers such questions.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

The “vulnerable” should stay the öööö home then and let the rest of us live our lives.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
The “vulnerable” should stay the öööö home then and let the rest of us live our lives.
The vulnerable depend on the not vulnerable who, thus far, have not proven to be very reliable so the vulnerable have no choice but to not stay home.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The vulnerable depend on the not vulnerable who, thus far, have not proven to be very reliable so the vulnerable have no choice but to not stay home.
Holy double negative.

And I just got back from Miami on a work trip. The “vulnerable” were all out enjoying the hotel pool and hotel bar.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Holy double negative.

And I just got back from Miami on a work trip. The “vulnerable” were all out enjoying the hotel pool and hotel bar.
Just a thought, but your sample of people at a hotel in Miami may not be truly representative.