VT QB eligibility in question

I really wasn't very impressed with him in our game last year.

So this means we get to play vs. another backup QB in a big game?

Super.

No he's not. There is no such head coach for VT with the name "Fuentes". "Fuente", yes.

980x.gif

Checked with an old military buddy whose family has dropped a ton o'money into VippySue and their athletic programs over the last few decades & has a pretty good feel for what's going on with the FB program......

Me: So what's the real scoop on VPI&SU's QB?

My Hokie friend: Jackson was hanging on by a thread after the spring game.... the 5 star from Kansas & the incoming true freshman 4 stars are the projected as "the second coming of Tyrod and Vick..."

..... more concerned about the loss of their top 2 corners......

He also says GT has the Gobblers number "...Fu doesn’t know how to beat GT so even if y’all only win one acc game it will be against us..."

"for the record unlike every Vt fan I know I am actually not impressed with Fuente... I just have not seen anything yet that wowed me...I still see bud Foster holding the line and carrying the team ...Ty’s offense was great with Beamer recruits but I’m not sold on his guys so far.... time will tell this may be a really rough year"

Checked with an old military buddy whose family has dropped a ton o'money into VippySue and their athletic programs over the last few decades & has a pretty good feel for what's going on with the FB program......

Me: So what's the real scoop on VPI&SU's QB?

My Hokie friend: Jackson was hanging on by a thread after the spring game.... the 5 star from Kansas & the incoming true freshman 4 stars are the projected as "the second coming of Tyrod and Vick..."

..... more concerned about the loss of their top 2 corners......

He also says GT has the Gobblers number "...Fu doesn’t know how to beat GT so even if y’all only win one acc game it will be against us..."

"for the record unlike every Vt fan I know I am actually not impressed with Fuente... I just have not seen anything yet that wowed me...I still see bud Foster holding the line and carrying the team ...Ty’s offense was great with Beamer recruits but I’m not sold on his guys so far.... time will tell this may be a really rough year"
So they are dumping Josh Jackson? Hard to believe.

So they are dumping Josh Jackson? Hard to believe.
It is.

It's either cheating on an exam (probably a 2nd offense) or plagiarism on a paper. Neither of those things are caught a month after finals; they're caught during finals. So the fact that this was just released means the dean's office likely just had a hearing and made a ruling, resulting in either probation, suspension, or expulsion, any of which would make him ineligible for sports.

The fact that he's suspended from the team and not off the team immediately means that he's appealing the ruling and the team is standing by him, willing to take him back if he wins on appeal.

Back