VT seems to be the only happy school....

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
with this new, spontaneous expansion design. SU not happy, BC not happy, Miami not happy, many of us in ACC not happy. So all this time and effort and VT ends up the true winner! What a joke!!
confused.gif

How in the hell is VT suddenly a "thug" school? The dirtiest team in the ACC is Weak (in football). VT the only school happy? They will do more for us, competition wise, than bc or cuse could EVER dream of doing. An ESPN game with GT - VT on Thursday nite!! I am thankful someone came to their damn senses and made us a stronger southern football conference. I just think a lot of GT folks do not want to step up to the competition. Maybe we chould have added elon or furman.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
with this new, spontaneous expansion design. SU not happy, BC not happy, Miami not happy, many of us in ACC not happy. So all this time and effort and VT ends up the true winner! What a joke!!
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How any one entity or person be happy when the entire country percieves this conference the way it does now! We were once looked at in very high regard - that's why BC wanted in - academics, athletics, top schools academically. Read all the articles in the Washington Post, NY Times - you name it - we're the butt of every joke and will be for years to come!

I loved GT playing in this conference because of all the reasons everyone else considered it elite, not we're just run of the mill like everyone else and we have a HUGE BLACK MARK! I can't get over this mess.

I dont believe either Miami or VT makes the ACC academic side look bad. VT can hold its own in engineering as well as other subjects, and Miami is one of the elite medical/sciences/etc schools in the country. These are two quality schools who also excel in sports. The academics of these two schools can still run circles around the SEC (minus vandy)

When Beamer leaves and the football program is not the one we are used to, then won't it be fun to go to Blacksburg?

I still beelieve we should have taken both BC and SU. It would keep our INTEGRITY in tact. 13 is no worse than 11.

If we do not have 12, another conference can raid the ACC!

If Miami joins VT in the ACC, the jokes will die very, very quickly. Nobody will laugh at this alignment in football, nobody. And the best baseball conference in the country will add the best overall baseball team in the country. There will be nothing for anyone to laugh at when talking college baseball. Only fear in their voices.

Hey,Ace, since we will only have 11, and 12 is the required no. for championship, it is likely that another conference will raid ours. SU and BC will never vote for required no. to be less than 12, now.

Oh heavens, the friggin, lying, murder loving, left wing NY Times doesn't like us. Whatforever shall I do?

Back