Waited 24 hours

wgjacket

Varsity Lurker
I enrolled at Georgia tech in 1973. I been through the Furman and Memphis losses. I been through the Eddie Lee Ivory injury when he was running through the dogs. I was at Duke when in the late 80's when thei scoreboad said Welcome to the basement Techies. I was at Grant Field when we did not cover two onside kicks against FSU.

So in 40 years in have though some tough losses, and this was the worse

I enrolled at Georgia tech in 1973. I been through the Furman and Memphis losses. I been through the Eddie Lee Ivory injury when he was running through the dogs. I was at Duke when in the late 80's when thei scoreboad said Welcome to the basement Techies. I was at Grant Field when we did not cover two onside kicks against FSU.

Still drunk?

I was at two of those games and I agree this was worse. Not just that we lost but how we lost. By 3 td's at home to Sun Belt Conf team. They ran over us like I expect Clempsun and Ugag to. The freaking Blue Raiders??

Losing to a team like MTSU is really bad, but not as bad as it used to be in the 90's and earlier. There is much more parity in college football these days. Upsets like this are not so uncommon. Arkansas lost to UL-Monroe, Iowa lost to Central Michigan, and I bet there are at least five other losses like it this season. Such upsets used to be unheard of. At least we didn't lose to an FCS team like VT. So I doubt this loss is truly as bad as the Furman and Memphis losses of the past. In fact, I bet MTSU plays a higher calibre of football than Duke and Wake Forest did for most of the 90's.

Losing to a team like MTSU is really bad, but not as bad as it used to be in the 90's and earlier. There is much more parity in college football these days. Upsets like this are not so uncommon. Arkansas lost to UL-Monroe, Iowa lost to Central Michigan, and I bet there are at least five other losses like it this season. Such upsets used to be unheard of. At least we didn't lose to an FCS team like VT. So I doubt this loss is truly as bad as the Furman and Memphis losses of the past. In fact, I bet MTSU plays a higher calibre of football than Duke and Wake Forest did for most of the 90's.

True, but it still bites.

I've been through all you've been through, and a bit more. I wish it was just about one loss. That would be a short term problem. But it's much worse than that.

The program is in the worst shape it has been in since at least the late 70's, when Bobby Dodd's failure of leadership as AD became fully vested. I don't see how GT will get out of this mess without becoming Wake Forest--or worse. I've seen this coming for a long time.

There is no leadership. At least when the Bill Lewis mess occured, Homer had a plan and the money to execute. The clowns in charge now are clueless--and broke because of past bad decisions.

We have an adminstration that is clueless, a shrinking fan base, a coach who is in over his head, huge debt, and little money.

The excuse making losers will be here in 10, 9, 8........

GT executive leadership in general is pretty bad. I don't have much faith in DRad or that clown, Peterson, who is about as a cold fish as I've ever met.

It's awesome that in these times of budget austerity we hire some guys to be the senior VP of diversity. We all know how big a problem Tech has had with diversity.

The program is not in near as bad of shape as it was before Homer Rice took over. Get a grip guys.

The program is not in near as bad of shape as it was before Homer Rice took over. Get a grip guys.

I am not so sure. Today we have a huge cheerleader squad and dance squad, but really, the level of players coming in are almost ALL projects at every position. We are Duke but don't know it yet.

And yes to the post above drad and Peterson both have hit the Peter principle.

Just because its not the worst time in the history of ever isnt much of a reason to cheer up.

I am not so sure. Today we have a huge cheerleader squad and dance squad, but really, the level of players coming in are almost ALL projects at every position. We are Duke but don't know it yet.

And yes to the post above drad and Peterson both have hit the Peter principle.

Look, before Rice took over we had poor facilities, poor coaching, poor fan support, and lack of cash flow for every program. Today we have pretty good facilities, better fan support, good coaches for some of our sports, and a big check that rolls in every year from a conference TV contract. It is not as bad as it was in the early 80's by a long shot.

Back