WAITING................

law_bee

Dodd-Like
the waiting game is going to be tough. And I know it is important to get the right person, but I believe something must happen soon. Football has more people involved then basketball and if we wait and do not hire a HC then all the good assistants will be scooped up.

I feel something needs to happen soon or this will not bode well for the program.

We are not ND and we cannot afford to wait on pipe dreams if there are good candidates that can do the job.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
i like cfu guy better b/c he was HC and has Fla ties.

and he has said publicly he wants it.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
I'd like us to take a hard look at Kruczek. He's done well at UCF in a state where they gets leftovers only.

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
I agree... this should be, and I am sure is, Braine's top priority... but, if it takes us another week to find the right person, I would rather see us take that week... I am sure we are going to take somewhat of a hit in terms of recruiting anyway... but, if we can have a coach named by Christmas, I believe we should be OK... I still think Beamer would be great here..but, apparently he has no interest in leaving... if I had to guess, based on what I have read the past 12 hours or so, I would say Charlie Strong probably has the best shot...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
If we go past Wednesday than I believe that we can rule out a high profile HEAD coach. Because they would know how important it is (recruiting, assistants) to go ahead and get the ball rolling.

Then I think we move to the next tier of coaches.

Kruczek
Forster

I tell you I WANT the right guy, but the longer we wait the more harm is done to the program.

I know Ugag waited and pulled through it, but we are not the same type of program as Ugag.

We NEED to keep a steady flow because we dont have those WIDE OPEN academic policies as other schools. GT coaches have to beat the bushes to find the REAL students and that takes time. I know we only have so many ships this season, but if we cant get the TOP tier Coaches we need to move on and get the best Coach available. I do not think time is on our side.

just some thoughts