was comparing Ball and Zier w/ my UGA co-workers

YodaBee

Varsity Lurker
Both came in and wowed the coaching staff.

Both were trying to beat out a 5th year senior. Suggs and in UGA's case Greg Talley. Talley was even worse than Suggs and lost to us twice. (Which makes him one of my favorite all-time UGA QBs up there w/ Quitsey).

Anyway...UGA didn't throw Eric Zier to the wolves in game 1. They played him in every game. My friend was saying that it wasn't until the win vs. Clemson (their only good win of the 90s I might add) that he finally took over the starting job for good. He said he thought that was game 4 or 5 when Zier finally took over.

Maybe we'll see something similar w/ Reggie. Suggs may start and Ball may slowly take over. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. As long as we win.

I don't know. All I know is I wish Chan would stop sending mixed signals to the guys. Based on today's AJC it sounds like both guys are confused an insecure in what's going on.

I'm not second guessing Chan. I don't know what he's telling the guys. I just wish what ever he says would be said in such a way to make them both less confused.
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/0803/17gtfoot.html

YodaBee

Let me say, as someone who played against Eric Zeier in high school, if Ball has a shred of the talent that Zeier had, he'll do us just fine.

BBR

Agree about Zeier's talent, he was very accurate with the short game, could throw a good medium ball and go long every once in a while. Great player for Marietta High and UGAg. As for the article today, AJC is just a spinning it that way.

Back