Watched Clemson/UGA live yesterday

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
and Clemson quit in the second quarter.

Apparently they had a post game talk about where the players told Tommy they didn't respect him much.

Our hotel had a few CU parents of players who feel very strongly that the guys will not play hard for Tommy and that he won't make it through the end of the season. Even if he does, a couple were very sure that their son / brother would not be inspired to lay it all on the field for TB.

You can be the judge of whether some random couple of people told me the truth, but it's still not a good sign of their team.

UGA didn't do what they did because CU is bad. UGA is good. It pains me, but I see their only challenging games being LSU, Tenn, Auburn, or Florida. They will win at least two of these.

David Greene is the best QB in the SEC. If he is not one of the five sitting at the ceremony when the Heisman is presented, you can send me this post right back, again. If Greg Jones is not there with him, same again.

I base this on last year and this year, of course.

FSU is incredible. Greg Jones is scary, and there are FSU fans who swore he was being pushed for his job. They won't say that after that lick I saw. He looked like Albert Belle rounding second base.

I had no idea that Dockett, Pope, and Boulware were ALL coming back. Holy crap. I don't know who could beat the team I saw yesterday.

Speed is speed and strength is strength, regardless of how bad your opponent is.

Anybody on this board giving Auburn a bunch of locker room material needs to quit. They had a defense that held USC to less points than a bunch of teams will this year, and their offense will show up a Bobby Dodd with something to prove.

To be optimistic that we could beat these teams is to be expected; we might; but assume that we will is just dumb.

Still, I can't wait.

Interesting about Bowden. I think this is his last year at Clempsun but didn't realize he may not last the season. Sounds like he's all but toast.

Maryland will beat F$U in 6 days and that will take care that.

If Richt keeps putting in Shockley they will lose more than 2 games.

USC will probably go undefeated this year and I had predicted that as well.

Carrol's success is one of the reason's I feel we need to give CG some time.

Maryland need Bruce Perry back and also has to have their QBs groin (or was it a hamstring?) injury improve to have a chance. Perry was day to day last time I checked. Even with him I think they are in trouble. I know that playing weak opponents makes you look good. But FSU looked unbelievable. I see them winning with or without Maryland getting healthy.

Why is Carrol a case for Gailey's future success? Is there a rule that failed NFL coaches automatically succeed in college? Not that he had a chance this year, but I don't see Gailey exploding in his second season like Carrol last year. Carrol is also an energetic, outgoing guy. I'm not sure they are all that similar who has instantly proven himself to be a recruiting guru. (Of course, what do those recruiting services know, right?).

I believe the Clemson story. It parallels Techs failures last year. When players become disgruntled about a coach, regardless if it is merited or not, it becomes unbelievably difficult for the coach to win.

I had already come to the conclusion last year that their players had quit on Tommy. It does look doubtful he will last.

Father Time

May we all be priviledged to throw around predictions/opinions?

1. ugag is pretty good, but has not faced any respectable competition yet. If yesterday was a true indication of their strenth, then they will face FSU in a rematch in one of the bowls; only this time will come away with their tails between their legs.
2. If ugag is not as good as appeared against Clemson, then Tennessee will nail them to the ground. Tennessee will tell us a huge piece of info as they play the mutts.
3. Dadgone, how this is hard to say, you are right about H. Trophy predictions; but (REMEMBER THIS) watch out for injuries....they will come this year and upset normal thinking.Again, watch out for unexpected injuries.
3. Prediction: Maryland will beat F$U in 6 days and that will take care that.( Comment: I really do not thing so. Maryland will sniff dust. (imho)
4.Our QB is a winner and will get better as the year goes along. Thursday was our game, a few flukes messed it up. If we played them 3rd instead of 1st; they would have not stood a chance.
5 Our coaching staff will make adjustments, and we will be pleasantly surprised if we with words of negativity (which they may read as we stupidly post them) do not destroy morale.

--------------------
I do not care who says what, or what happens: I am the same as I was last week, last year, ten,twenty,thirty, forty, fifty years ago. Have never moved one inch in support. Never will!!! Others will sway according to thier "feelings"and personal desires as to who should be coach; I will go to battle with Georgia Tech (least on campus to the greatest <none left out>; and I will stay 1000% total Georgia Tech as long as I live: I will not sway, swerve, or pretend!!!!! I will always be for all other teams but ugag and I will always be for Tech and all it's team (coaches included) until I die....If in Heaven, I am given a choice; I will choose Georgia Tech!!!!!!

(On BYU) If we played them 3rd instead of 1st; they would have not stood a chance.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, I gotta call a BIG BS on that one!
bsmeter.gif

They ran 79 plays to our 47. The officiating went AGAINST THEM all night long. Please accept the fact that this year, they are the better team. Especially in a game played at Provo. If we played them 10 times, we might win 3-4 times and that may be kind.

Anyway, screw it! It's history. Time to look at Auburn.

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> (On BYU) If we played them 3rd instead of 1st; they would have not stood a chance.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, I gotta call a BIG BS on that one!
bsmeter.gif

They ran 79 plays to our 47. The officiating went AGAINST THEM all night long. Please accept the fact that this year, they are the better team. Especially in a game played at Provo. If we played them 10 times, we might win 3-4 times and that may be kind.

Anyway, screw it! It's history. Time to look at Auburn.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I beg to differ officiating went against them all night i just rewatch the game i taped it and you could have called holding at will against BYU almost every pass play! The first TD they scored in the second half look at the OL tacking #49 for tech right in front of the QB that's just one of many.how about the fumble right before half when the QB got hit YES it was a fumble don't tell me the calls went our way because they didn't!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Tommie is absolutely right. BYU was holding consistently and Berry's arm was not moving forward when the ball got knocked away from him.

I am surprised by the amount we beat CU as well are a few others. I give Richt total credit on getting the young ones ready to play. I think the CU game affirmed to me that Greene should be #1 until he falters and then Shockley should be given 1-2-3 downs. Putting in DJ when Greene is 7 for 7 is just plain dumb.

Back