Way to go Bill!

CP-Jacket

Varsity Lurker
O’Brien’s comments in AJC "I'd like to get away from one guy carrying the bulk of the load ….. The best team we've had since I've been here was in 1998, when we had three guys with over 400 yards rushing."

Seeing that just made my day. I think that GT made a huge mistake last year in trying to concentrate on getting Joe Burns maximum carries. They gave him 4 times as many carries as the next leading rusher. It simplified our offense too much for the opposing defenses, this on a team that had lost the versatility of a multi-facetted quarterback like Joe Hamilton. I think that because it worked in the first game of the year, OL had the old school come out in him and insisted on having Joe bang it in the line all year. It bit us big time in the Maryland game and made us too predictable against Georgia and others.

I could care less if we had 8 runners with 200 yds. each. As long as we take the pressure off the QB as the threat of the run exists.

grin.gif

Did you notice the comment about "meddling" verses "helpful, timely suggestions"?

I wonder what he was talking about there?
rolleyes.gif

Yes, and I am hoping that it means that George was dictating the running game last year and that now Bill will be free to use the pass (or creative multiple looks) to set up the run instaed of using the run to set up the pass like last year.
smile.gif

Back