We can beat Georgia....here's how...

Jacket & Coke

Train Driver
Georgia has played no one. Most of our losses have been relatively close. All we have to do is hope their walk on QB has an off day. Play D out of our minds and get up on them early.

All the pressure is on Ugag. We HAVE to believe, guys! This is our Super Bowl. Their secondary can be exploited if we can protect the QB.

Old Gold 17 Ugag 16

My suggestion

image_2021-11-22_103400.png

In this game, it's more important for the offense and special teams to play out of their minds.

Maybe if we left about a hundred Colorado gummy bears in the visiting locker room before the game we might have a shot.

I have the definitive solution on what our team needs to do to beat Georgia: Score more points than them.

It's really that easy. I wonder if our coaches and players know that that's the key to winning. Does someone have Geoff's contact info to forward along this secret?

That’s actually a decent point. They’ve rolled through their schedule, but the best team on that schedule is #25 Arkansas. And they almost lost to the 2nd best team #26 Clemson. Cinci has an argument as having the better resumé honestly.

Their defense is obviously elite, but I have a feeling their offense will struggle mightily against a halfway decent defense. Would be nice if we had one.

The last 12 minutes of the Notre Dame game is a perfect synopsis as to why Coach Collins will never fix this and we might lose by 80-0 this Saturday.

Busted coverage on first play
Busted protection on all plays
and then 3rd and 2 leads to:
False start AFTER time out
Delay of game
Snap when no one else is ready

Below are the three top areas that I believe gets us into trouble every weekend. I believe that at least the top two areas are on CGC.

Culture vs. accountability: I'm all for having more energy in the program. Not a fan of the juice crew personally, but I applaud CGC's efforts to rebrand and appeal to more recruits, more ATL base, etc. The #1 problem with this team IMO though, is that you can still do all of the things you need to do to make this a fun place to be but still hold players accountable. I don't see the accountability. I see players making undisciplined plays, and yet, those same players keep trotting out. It may be that we are that thin across the board. But I doubt it. Stop telling the players you love them after we lose and start holding them accountable.

Game day coaching: We make way too many mistakes, from play calling (such as the playcalling when we knew we were going for it on 4th and long), clock management (no more details needed), failure to adjust when the other team adjusts, etc.

Defensive communications: No clue what is going on here. Perhaps this is on Thacker. Perhaps not. Or perhaps this goes back to #1. But the number of times someone is running wide open downfield is unbelievable.

Coach Collins owns the worst loss overall, worst shutout on the road and worst shutout at home.. triple threat! Throw that man some more money already! Georgia Tech’s worst losses since 1970 (per @ESPNStatsInfo)

73-7 vs Clemson, 2020
55-0 vs ND, 2021
69-14 vs ND, 1977
51-0 vs FSU, 1993
49-3 vs FSU, 1996
45-0 vs VT, 2019

As some have said recently, it will cost Georgia Tech more NOT to fire Coach Collins than to keep him on for another year or two. While we still have talent, the time is now to get someone who knows what they are doing. If not, we will lose more money, lose talented players via the transfer portal, and our entire athletic program will suffer as a result. This is the worst situation I have seen Tech's football program in my lifetime. I'm too young to remember clearly the period from 1979 to 1981.

Maybe CPJ has secretly been working as a consultant all year and we're going to bust out the triple with Sims, Gibbs, and Mason.
The betting system thread got my mind working in a similar way.

So if you're the coach of a team like Prairie View, and maybe you have a middling team in your league or whatever not contending for a championship, and you know the Texas A&M beatdown is on the schedule the week before Thanksgiving, why not practice the option all year, but NEVER use it in your other games, then break it out for A&M? Even if you botch the öööö out of it fumbling pitches and what not, it's not worse than what would happen if you just line up and play A&M normal. But what if lightning strikes and the system known for leveling the playing field against superior athletes gets you an upset? You just put yourself on the hot list of coaches for P5 schools.

Anyway, I WISH your hypothetical were true. I'd touch myself.

Georgia has played no one. Most of our losses have been relatively close. All we have to do is hope their walk on QB has an off day. Play D out of our minds and get up on them early.

All the pressure is on Ugag. We HAVE to believe, guys! This is our Super Bowl. Their secondary can be exploited if we can protect the QB.

Old Gold 17 Ugag 16

@GTRules has it covered already...

That is gonna give the Jackets just enough mojo to squeak out a win this week.

You’re welcome.

Old Gold 17 Ugag 16
Don’t do this to yourself.

I have the definitive solution on what our team needs to do to beat Georgia: Score more points than them.

It's really that easy. I wonder if our coaches and players know that that's the key to winning. Does someone have Geoff's contact info to forward along this secret?

Well said. Don't outthink the room, CGC.

Or the easier and much simpler way is by coaxing saban to leave Tuscaloosa and come to Atlanta to revamp another lost college football powerhouse.

The last 12 minutes of the Notre Dame game is a perfect synopsis as to why Coach Collins will never fix this and we might lose by 80-0 this Saturday.

Busted coverage on first play
Busted protection on all plays
and then 3rd and 2 leads to:
False start AFTER time out
Delay of game
Snap when no one else is ready

Below are the three top areas that I believe gets us into trouble every weekend. I believe that at least the top two areas are on CGC.

Culture vs. accountability: I'm all for having more energy in the program. Not a fan of the juice crew personally, but I applaud CGC's efforts to rebrand and appeal to more recruits, more ATL base, etc. The #1 problem with this team IMO though, is that you can still do all of the things you need to do to make this a fun place to be but still hold players accountable. I don't see the accountability. I see players making undisciplined plays, and yet, those same players keep trotting out. It may be that we are that thin across the board. But I doubt it. Stop telling the players you love them after we lose and start holding them accountable.

Game day coaching: We make way too many mistakes, from play calling (such as the playcalling when we knew we were going for it on 4th and long), clock management (no more details needed), failure to adjust when the other team adjusts, etc.

Defensive communications: No clue what is going on here. Perhaps this is on Thacker. Perhaps not. Or perhaps this goes back to #1. But the number of times someone is running wide open downfield is unbelievable.

Coach Collins owns the worst loss overall, worst shutout on the road and worst shutout at home.. triple threat! Throw that man some more money already! Georgia Tech’s worst losses since 1970 (per @ESPNStatsInfo)

73-7 vs Clemson, 2020
55-0 vs ND, 2021
69-14 vs ND, 1977
51-0 vs FSU, 1993
49-3 vs FSU, 1996
45-0 vs VT, 2019

As some have said recently, it will cost Georgia Tech more NOT to fire Coach Collins than to keep him on for another year or two. While we still have talent, the time is now to get someone who knows what they are doing. If not, we will lose more money, lose talented players via the transfer portal, and our entire athletic program will suffer as a result. This is the worst situation I have seen Tech's football program in my lifetime. I'm too young to remember clearly the period from 1979 to 1981.
"I'm too young to remember clearly the period from 1979 to 1981" Lucky you. We had the worst facilities in what was then styled, I think, Division 1, we had a coach who had never been a head coach before, we had for the most part players no one else wanted, virtually no depth especially on defense. It was so bad that the school president explored the idea of abolishing the program altogether. But Coach Curry had the foresight to display a banner that quoted Winston Churchill along one sideline that read "Never, Never, Never, Quit" Despite the record, despite the despair, those teams did not quit. The situation then was far worse than this self styled "greatest transition ever". It is not even close.

Back