We can beat NC State...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
They are not a juggernaut. They destroyed Clemson the other night because Clemson had all of those turnovers and special teams mistakes. That's what allowed that blowout to happen.

If we play a "clean" game where we don't beat ourselves, we can hang with them. I firmly believe that.

I think our offense is finally finding itself, just in time for the year-end gauntlet. Defensively, I'm worried about this game. We'll see.

We have 2 huge challenges:

1) Stop Rivers' short passing game...which we didn't do a good job in the UVA game.

2) Stop McClendon, their running back. Since our Dline is a little weak this year, I'm worried about this.

Our linebackers are the key to us winning on Saturday.

I believe we can beat them as well. Will have to have all aspects of our game working. Offense needs to hold the ball for long drives and eat up clock. Keep defense off the field for long periods of time. It's time for our offense to step up and help this defense.

When they played Clemson, I saw a very broken Clemson team ... they did not have a lot of spirit to play that game and it showed in all aspects of their game. NCState's win over Clemson was good but don't think it was a barometer for judging yet.

Can we win ... I believe we can, IF we play that perfect game we have all been waiting for!

Please stop posting that Beesnut or underneath I will continually point out that they dismantled Wake Forest, UNC and Clemson, which are our only common opponents. We are 1-2 against those teams.

We have not played Duke. I would be more worried about us beating Duke than NC State should be worried about us beating them.

They did not even show up and beat Duke. I'll bet big money the coaches were getting ready for Clemson the whole week and planning on coasting through Duke. Think we can coast through Duke?
drinking.gif

GTCrew... Sorry bud that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. Tech has had Rivers number every year and lest we not forget Tenuta beat them last year and held them to I believe 9 points.

Please stop asking people to stop posting their opinions.

Sorry guys we will get spanked and Gailey supporter will go into hiding once more.

we may get spanked but there won't be any hiding by Gailey or his supporters.

sorry gtmg, if we don't get spanked, then you sure sound like someone who'll go into hiding.

Originally posted by gtmg:
Sorry guys we will get spanked and Gailey supporter will go into hiding once more.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL! The Gailey supporters (aka FOCers, NAAs, Gold Glasses Weares, etc.) have never been in hiding on this board! We've been LOUD!!

gtmg, I'm a Tech supporter. Gailey is our coach so I support him. O'Leary was our coach last year and I supported him. Mac was our coach in the Seattle Bowl and I supported him. When I stop supporting a coach is when I believe he has shown an inability to guide the program or he leaves Tech. Any question?

GT can sack the 'Pack if the O controls the game. The D has to have some take aways too. Wonderful analysis, eh. This is a great challenge for the White and Gold but it ain't over 'til its over so let's support our lads either in person or spirit.

GO JACKETS

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

The key to the game involves stopping those darn short passes that Rivers likes to throw. For the most part, we've been unable to do that, so that's a cause for concern. If Tenuta can pull something out of his hat, we've got a chance. Also, we've got to stick with the spread on offense. It's pretty amazing that Coach Gailey, in the post game show, said AJ was calling plays at the line in the 1st half against UVA with BOB calling plays in the 2nd half. If we can stick to the spread and stop the short passing attack, we've got a chance. If we do neither, it'll be a long day for Tech.

Back