We Can Beat Ugag

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
We can beat Ugag if we play to win.....not play not to lose.

If we put our defense on the field late in the game trying to hold on to a slim lead we are likely to end up the same way that Auburn and Alabama did.

We have an offense very capable of scoring like we have in the past, but they are being held back. That may have gotten the job done against Dook, but it won't get the job done against Ugag.

We need to flaunt our offense, and plan to score and do score at every opportunity. We have seen enough of these scoreless second halves.

Ugag fully expects to run us off the field. They have no clue what kind of team we have, and more importantly what kind of team we are capable of being if our offense can be allowed to function at full capacity instead of inexplicably being held back.

Our defense and special teams have done a good job overall and our offense is just as capable.....IF they are allowed to do their jobs to the fullest.

It is time for this team to be ALLOWED to play to win....not play not to lose.

I thought we would win a minimum of 10 games in spite of this coaching staff. Unfortunately they doggedly proved me wrong.

I fully expect us to continue Coach O'leary's fine tradition of beating Ugag...especially beating them at the cesspool where they have not beaten us since 1996.

I hope the coaching staff won't prove me wrong this time. I know the players will do their part.

Beeware,

This post makes excellent points. UGAg has been so self absorbed with the polls and BCS rankings they are probably overlooking us. It will take both sides of the ball playing to their full potential but it can and should be done. This would be sweet for all GT fans because the puppies would whine for the next 20 years about their misfortunes.

drinking.gif

monk.gif

Another thing to consider. Like pj and beeware said, they're probably overlooking us. The game they're just itching to play is the SEC Championship, and this game has no bearing on that.

This game reminds me of the '97 game. The Mutts were ranked 11th or 12th and had the 6 game streak going against us. We were 6-4 and just happy to go bowling. They acted like they could just show up and wipe the field with us. We played them off their feet and (we won't go into any details again) should've won.

If we play with the same imagination (on offense) and fire that we did against F$U, we'll upset the Mutts.

JJ, this does have a similar feel to the pre'97 game to me as well.

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago. Goodness.

From UGaggly friends I have, they say the right things. Meaning they say this will be a good game. It's like they are saying that, but don't really believe it.

This is a very good UGaggly team. They play hard. They are not all about one thing. They do a lot of things well in all phases of the game.

I beelieve we can line up and beat them. I don't doubt for one second.

Go Jackets!

TO reply tothe attitude the Mutts are giving us, I can only reply to them with the words a friend of mine once said:
"Aw heck naw."

I was pondering the thing about not losing in he cespool since '96 this morning and I have concluded that if we win on the 30th, we can say we own them in Athens.
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Guys, I think something special's gonna happen on the 30th...

I agree we CAN beat them, but will we? Not being there I have no idea what goes on at closed practices, for all I know Gailey might be doing Bull In The Ring and slobbering at the mouth. Preparation, not pep talks, will get it done. However, alot of college football is confidence and chemistry, and this team has yet to develop it. If it gets late, Georgia gets the nod. They've been there before. I do know this, you take that laid back, pro-type approach, one where you basically start apologizing before the game "they are just alike" - and you'll get your lunch eaten. I think we are still missing that mad-dog leader (a Uremevich type) who will lead the way. Beeware, I am waiting to see how we perform in Athens and might join your off-season bandwagon if this staff pukes it up in Athens. TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

There wasn't much advantage to beating the crud out of a 2-8 Dook. They were on a 23 game conference losing streak. If you win by 50, no one is really impressed. On the other hand, if you get greedy and blow the game you look like a freaken idiot.

Georgia is a different story. This game is for braggin rights. Georgia is highly ranked and a tough recruiting opponent. I suspect that we will throw everything we can think of against them. If something works, we will keep doing it until they stop it. Look for a few trick plays. We have a lot to gain in this game and our coaches know it.

What has CG said constantly? Win the ACC and beat Georgia. Here is our chance to beat Georgia. Lack of imagination will not be a problem this week. Plus we have a month to rest up and heal up after this one. We will not hold anybody back if they can go.
blue.gif

Back