We may end up truly being the MIT of the South...

The Gnome of Zurich

Varsity Lurker
if there are more casualties over the summer. This is all about leadership and if we dont hold them accountable now then we will have an ENRON on our hands as far as the football program...and the facts get distorted be the higherups when the S*** starts pointing their way. If you want a DIV. I Football program at all, you need to let Dr. Clough know that he better understand right now or all of this on the internet means nothing. If not that's fine, just have outdoor trade shows at Grant Field from now on..

We are already the MIT of the south and I'm darn proud of it. But, we are also a d1 football power with a long and historic history. It's time for accountability, if it's Braine, Moore, Gailey or whom ever they have to stand up be counted tell the truth and take corrective action now not later.

OLDFOGGY, now might be too late!! The 2 changes that need to be done are:#1 easing of standards or at least back to the GOL era. #2. Broader studies. Excuse me but also FIRE CAROL MOORE NOW!!! and Braine.

I have one word to think about when you look at our academic and athletic situation and possible future- Vanderbilt.not MIT

Goodpoints Old Foggy and AlaGold. But, first we cant be MIT of the South with a football team. If we drop football then we are truly MIT of the South, so dont fool yourself. Second, since I dont want drop football, I dont want to hear MIT, Carnegie Mellon, etc in comparison with GT. The programs that have good academic reputations and quality sports programs are Stanford (only won the Sears Cup 6 straight years or something) and Duke. As for being compared to Vandy- that is what it definitely looks like where we are headed with this administration. We are not a Div I power now and never will be- I dont want that and dont expect it. But in one breath to compare us to MIT and the next want a national power in footbal is a recipe for the asylum.

Back