we might have to swallow a tough pill this recruiting season

williebee

Varsity Lurker
hopefully im wrong, and if im right, im confident the coaching staff can coach us up and one mediocre class, not bad, wont affect us too much. Man we need some marquis players, just not feeling good, could use a DC to get them also.

I have the same concerns. I wonder if CG has been away from the college game so long the he is unfamilier with the vagaries of the recruiting game. He was asked what his recruiting needs were
on CDSD show and he responded that he didn't know
and said something about delegating the recruiting responsibilities to O'Brien. This was followed by the Mitchell situation and it makes you wonder. I don't know the details of what happened but if the kid didn't fit in he should have been told so before they ran that story in the AUC about him coming to Tech. This kind of thing will hurt us with the high schools. Maybe things are in better shape than they look. We desperately need some DT and speedy CB'S but from looking at what is left on the board it seems that the pickings are slim. I just want to hear something positive for a change.

I echo Ahso's opinion on this. We'll be OK. Most important is doing good in 2002 so that NEXT year, when he has a full staff to help, will be a good recruiting year. After hearing about the Tight End that has verbally committed, I'm feeling good about this year as well.

Back