We need a big name

Ptjackets

Varsity Lurker
I've been thinking about our new head Coach. I firmly believe we need a big name. Other schools have and are doing it. SC went with Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz, NC has gone with Mack Brown, and the list goes on and on. We need a name. One that students in high school can connect with. One that can open up doors. One that brings instant credibility to our program.

I know this will never happen, but I'm going to use this person as my example as to how it would work. Lets introduce as our new Head Coach, Wait for it....Peyton Manning. So in a dream world we get him. Instantly our program is the buzz of the country. Every sports outlet will be talking about it for months. His name opens up any door to any recruit in the country. If your a 5 star QB why would you not want to come to Georgia Tech and learn from him. recruiting would take an immediate jump and I would dare to say we might even pull in a top 10 class the first year. Ratings on TV would go up and our program would not be getting 12 noon starts. We would be on every spotlight in the country. Fans would buy season tickets and all the sudden a Tech ticket would be a hot item again. It would create an instant buzz. (couldn't resist that) Football would again generate more money which would allow our program to pay more and build the type of program to equal the puppies down the road! Now instead of people talking about them they would be talking about us. Its fun to think about anyway. What would a name do for us?

Now like I said I don't really see that happening but a big name like that would instantly open up doors never thought possible. Just for fun I wonder what it would take per year to get someone like that? 9-10 million?

Also just for fun what other big name coaches or people out there can we list and why it would benefit our program. I mean Why not? If we put up some money why could we not do something like this?

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Peyton Manning?

Why not Calvin Johnson?

Neither would make a bowl considering little to no coaching experience.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Calvin Johnson needs a hobby. Him and 2 big time coordinators.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
we need someone who can field a finely Coached team. It isn’t enough to attract athletes. They have to be able to execute to near perfection for tech to succeed in the way we want.

ronricks

Flats Noob
We have a unique opportunity to take our time and hire a really good coach but I have no faith in TS to do such. We probably end up with a super lazy hire in Whisenhunt whose tenure will be Chan Gailey part 2.

Ptjackets

Varsity Lurker
Most head coaches are the face of the program and the assistants do all the grunt work. We need a name to get us into living rooms that kids respect and know!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We have a unique opportunity to take our time and hire a really good coach but I have no faith in TS to do such. We probably end up with a super lazy hire in Whisenhunt whose tenure will be Chan Gailey part 2.
So, other than you being a tard, why don't you have faith in Stansbury to make the hire? Or, is this a case of you disappearing if he is successful or sticking around to be the asshole "I told you so" if not

Asshole

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Calvin needs to be in kids living rooms.
Most head coaches are the face of the program and the assistants do all the grunt work. We need a name to get us into living rooms that kids respect and know!

Calvin. Kids would be awestruck.

Ptjackets

Varsity Lurker
Your right Calvin Johnson is a name and it would open up doors! If he hired the right assistants it would work

ciegetanks

Damn Good Rat
My favorite USCe trivia:

Their last conference title is 1968...an ACC title.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Donald J M F Trump

First president to also be a college football coach.

———————

I like your thought process to an extent. I don’t think Peyton wants to do college though.