We need this game, I mean

texstinger

Dodd-Like
we REALLY need this game. There has not been so much on the line in 4 years. I get the same feeling I had before WFU in 02 however. Please let me be wrong.

Man, we need the coaches to geek us up to stop the penalties, opponents long 3rd conversions, improve our KOs, run the ball consistently, throw to the TEs, get TOs like we have been NOW.

This game is big. I am telling ya, it is big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramblingamblin

Varsity Lurker
I know this is a touchy subject, but can you imagine what will happen if we lose this game. People will be calling for Chan's head. I think this is a game he really needs to run the score up. He lost a lot of fan support in that other game that I have forgotten about. Not only is this a big game for our season, its a big game for the Can, doh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif I mean Chan.

SMoney

Dodd-Like
We need a big win. Have we ever had a big win under CCG? Speaking points wise, not quality of teams wise. I know the strategy of grounding it out on the ground, running out the clock with a lead. Thats fine and dandy...it may get you the win, but crowds want to see their team score a lot of points and get the win. I am talking total domination, both sides of the ball. The way we were humiliated last week. We need that kind of win.

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a game he really needs to run the score up. He lost a lot of fan support in that other game that I have forgotten about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be stunned if we score more than 24, unless we score a bunch on defense. Two things here: State's defense is very good, and we have not shown we can put up big numbers on anybody.

That said, I would be thrilled with a 20-10 or the like win.

mm42

Dodd-Like
[ QUOTE ]
We need a big win. Have we ever had a big win under CCG? Speaking points wise ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Chan's biggest regular season win was his first game as coach, 45-3 over Vandy.

The last two bowl games are his other biggest wins, 52-10 over Tulsa and 51-14 over Syracuse.

After that, the next biggest victory margin is a mere 21 points (28-7 over Samford last year). Then comes 30-10 over UConn (2004) and numerous wins by 17 points.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
We just need a win, I don't care by how many. Sure it's easier to take and more enjoyable if it's not in doubt, but NCSU has too many athletes to expect something like that.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Those were after large breaks. Throw in the two

huge wins over Auburn off long breaks and it provides a picture of a very good staff who can out prepare the other team. Or we can't prepare as well in one week as others due to incompetence or our S-As actually having classes and homework and exams to distract them.

Has anyone overanalyzed our record off of two (or near two) week gaps?

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I couldn't agree more. This game has taken on an uncommon significance.

But, having said that, I am resisting the temptation to consider the consequences of any outcome other than victory.

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
I don't think that this is a Can-Chan game but if he loses this one and clemson and miami and georgia (on the fence with virginia) maybe clemson/virginia? He's gonna be in trouble. He has to win at least one if not two of these games. Sorry about the horrible grammar--great at math but can't talk--That's why I went to tech.

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the horrible grammar--great at math but can't talk--That's why I went to tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, your grammar is just fine. I can't believe I went to Tech and can't seem to balance a checkbook.

The way these games are stacking up, this certainly looks like a near-must win. But, we, at least I am not convinced that a possible loss against State has anything to do with outcomes of future games this year. With Tech, you still can't use prior games to predict future games, or at least I hope.