WE NEED TO HOLD THE OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE

goldbuzz

Varsity Lurker
The officiating was so bad that I find myself with serious doubts as to the impartiality of the officials. It is unfathomable that the officials are that incompetent.

From a photograph published on this site, it is clear that one FSU touchdown was in error - the correct call: no touchdown, our ball on the 20.

I lost count of the no calls on pass interference.

As to those of you think that this is something that should just roll off our backs; I point out to you that the normally reserved Bobby Ross, when at Maryland didn't think lightly of bad officiating when at the end of the game he ran after the officials and while still on the field, physically spun the offending official around to educate him as to the proper call. Ross was suspended from coaching on the field for one game. Joe Paterno recently thought it was necessary to educate the officials when he too ran after the offending official and got his attention by turning him around with his hand on the official's shoulder. Paterno's complaint with the Big Ten about the composition of the officiating crews was not dismissed out of hand. The Big Ten is considering it.

THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA BECAME SO UPSET WITH THE PRO TOBACCO ROAD OFFICIATING THAT THEY PULLED OUT OF THE CONFERENCE.

When the mild-mannered Bobby Ross was asked why he did so a thing - he replied that his players had worked and played too hard to have the game stolen by the ref's.

If Bobby Ross, Joe Paterno, and the University of South Carolina think bad officiating is not something you should just let roll off your back; I submit that you shouldn't either.
Its not about how one football game affects the record book -its about the players and coaches who worked so hard and gave it their all. Its also about not letting this happen again and it being unhealthy for our society to allow our sporting events to be rigged.

We need to let the ACC office know about this travesty via telephone calls, e-mails, faxes, and letters. I say we don't take this lightly.

completely agree goldbuzz!!! I couldn't see the fumbled TD by the running back but heard about it later. Lets start a smear campaign against the ACC refs...

Back