We Unfortunately Have to Keep braine for a While...

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
If we can Braine & gotta pay off his conny, there may not be the funds to pony up & can chan.. So we have to keep braine around for a while to see what happens this football season, just in case... i.e., we need to remain liquid.. If chan does a decent job this season then we can cut braine loose, but not until... I'm not happy with braine either, but first things, first...

How's that for job security?

I may be wrong but I seem to recall that Chan does not have a buyout clause.

Braine contributed to the financial stress due to his letting O'leary off the hook for $1.5 M. Some way of executing your responsibilities.

I wouldn't go down the path of paying this guy to go fishing. Fire him or demote him. Move him over into an office next to Carol Moore, let him grow his beard ala Al Gore and let them sit around the circle and share their stories of how they were victimized.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
[Move him over into an office next to Carol Moore, let him grow his beard ala Al Gore and let them sit around the circle and share their stories of how they were victimized.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe Vince Dooley can join braine & moore & they can form a nice little encounter/support group for washed up university administrators...

All I can say is, what a costly mess and I just don't mean financial!!
confused.gif

bbad - I have yet to see any evidence that would justify firing either of these two men. Maybe you should try to build a case instead of only posting with character assinations.

I ain't happy how things have turned out, but these are two skilled and very qualified men. I'm willing to give them a chance to right the ship.

Wasp - Chan has no buyout clause, but that means if another team wants to hire him he don't have to buy out the contract. If we fire him we have to honor his contract, or at least to the extent of what the lawyers work out.

Braine contributed to the financial stress due to his letting O'leary off the hook for $1.5 M. Some way of executing your responsibilities.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I haven't seen one shred of evidence that this is true - do you have any substantiation?

O'Leary owed us $1.5M. We are well past a year from his departure. I've seen no efforts legally to collect. I guess we can take GOL's opinion that he doesn't owe it but I think that's a pretty hefty tab to just basically walk away from if your an AD.

As for them (Clough and Braine) being skilled, where is the evidence of that?

Financially from an athletic dept. perspective, the case is yet to be made. Certainly, he has alienated, not rallied, those who contribute the bucks. As for operations, he's seriously hampered Gailey's ability this year. While Hollings is the most noteworthy loss, I would make the argument that Hargrove and some of the defensive losses are huge. We could very well be lining up with true freshmen in some spots. You don't beat Auburn or go deep within your schedule with a lack of depth. Chalk that to Clough/Braine.

Back