We will beat Clemson if...

TechGator1066

Dodd-Like
I would like all of you to take note of what I'm about to say for tomorrow's game.

Clemson's primary focus is the running game, just check their stats on ESPN. They have two dangerous backs who can take it to the house on any given play(ex. CJ Spiller's 72 yard run against Wake Forest) Their primary back is James Davis who is embarassing defenses, and their complement is the Freshman CJ Spiller(probably the best true freshman in the nation, he is also a father by the way).
I have no doubt in my mind that Clemson's gameplan is to run it down our throats, and they plan on passing at their own will. But our D is by far the best they will see this year so it won't be a cakewalk.

If we can shut their running game down and make Proctor throw more than he wants to, we will win the game. Now I will explain why...

Clemson's passing game is nothing spectacular, and they will be missing Chansi Stuckey. When we shut their run game down, it will be up to the inexperienced Proctor to lead the team down the field primarily through the air, which we will not do. He will instead be under costant pressure and will be throwing the ball up for grabs. Our D will take advantage and their offense will stagnate, allowing us to win the game.

This can all happen if we hold Davis under 100 yards, and not allow CJ Spiller to break into the open field. If these two things happen, it will mean that we have shut down their run game giving us a huge advantage which will allow us to win the game.

Now if we do not shut their run game down, we can still win, but our offense better be razor sharp and mistake-free. With our new offense this year we can win a shootout(especially having our CJ) but the chances of us winning a shootout are not as great.

But there is a fool proof method to guarantee a win for the Ramblin' Wreck, it will be shutting down Clemson's vaunted running game.

The last time I thought we would beat clemmons, we lost by 36.
Nosir, the way that we beat these purple and orange scholars is for me to be scared to death. It has nothing to do with their running game. :laugher:

I don't feel good about the game (but that's the way I like it).
Klimpsen is favored and should win with their talent level, but there are several factors that could negate their talent including their offense.

1. Proctor has not seen a rush like ours and should get happy feet, and hopefully loft up some of those ducks that I have seen from him.

2. Their running backs are very fast, but our LBs are fastest that we have ever had. I only hope our blitz doesn't lead to some long runs. Maybe we blitz our safeties.

3. Our special teams are critical in the field position game. We need to kick off out of the end zone. Our punt game is good and they need to perform.

4. We need to take it to their defense. Use all weapons. And IMO, start it with Calvin, regardless if they are looking for it. Run early solid (maybe new) plays to Calvin, and then mix it up.

5. In the second half our O needs to make first downs for obvious reasons, including giving our D rest.

7. Intangibles. Tech might have something here ... Senior leadership, chemistry, etc . I don't know. We'll find out.

This game I believe will come down to coaching, big plays, lucky breaks and officiating. There,... I think I have covered every possible turning point other than a good old fashion butt whippin.
Go Jackets!

Back