Weakest group on D: Linebacker

non-gineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if JHD playing a hybrid DL/LB role is a possibility.

My thoughts exactly. Now that he's up to 400 lbs or whatever, he can just block the middle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
When you have PJ Davis as one of your linebackers you can not consider the position any sort of weakness. PJ is an All American quality player. A rare specimen, with the skill set only God can design to play the linebacker position. Marcodes, Hankins and the rest are all pretty good players as well.

Go Jackets!

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Compared to D-line and D-backs, this is definitely the area of most concern for the defense. I think Davis is very good. I really like Marcordes and believe he can be a good player. I think Hankins defends the run capably - not as sure about his value in coverage or blitzing. Depth is not impressive, but hopefully these players are developing in the program and are ready to contribute.

I do believe that the defensive line can't simply try to take on blockers for linebackers to make plays. We will need the front four to make tackles against the run and get a pass rush to be better on defense.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Compared to D-line and D-backs, this is definitely the area of most concern for the defense. I think Davis is very good. I really like Marcordes and believe he can be a good player. I think Hankins defends the run capably - not as sure about his value in coverage or blitzing. Depth is not impressive, but hopefully these players are developing in the program and are ready to contribute.

I do believe that the defensive line can't simply try to take on a blockers for linebackers to make plays. We will need the front four to make tackles against the run and get a pass rush to be better on defense.

Even Suh doesn't do this on regular basis. Defenses are not designed like that. If the gap is filled and the point of attack is held at the LOS the LB job is easy

05GTCorndog

Staff member
When you have PJ Davis as one of your linebackers you can not consider the position any sort of weakness. PJ is an All American quality player. A rare specimen, with the skill set only God can design to play the linebacker position. Marcodes, Hankins and the rest are all pretty good players as well.

Go Jackets!
Ease up on the hyperbole.

PJ is a good player, but not close to All American. He wasn't even 3rd Team All ACC last year. He might get there this year, but calling him All American quality is not a reasonable statement.

The loss of Nealy is bigger than people are talking about. He was a very good player that I don't think got the accolades he deserved.

GaTech63

Flats Noob
Ease up on the hyperbole.

PJ is a good player, but not close to All American. He wasn't even 3rd Team All ACC last year. He might get there this year, but calling him All American quality is not a reasonable statement.

The loss of Nealy is bigger than people are talking about. He was a very good player that I don't think got the accolades he deserved.
I agree! Could be our biggest loss on either side of the ball,depending upon who steps up to replace him.

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You just need to watch the games. Davis is in on over 50% of the tackles. He has a nose for the ball and when he tackles he usually leaves a mark. I've only seen a handful of linebackers better than him in college. He is the best we have had since Ted Roof roamed the flats. Just sit back and watch. He will lead the team in tackles, cause more fumbles and lead our defense to conference championship and maybe beyond.

Go Jackets!

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Didn't realize how many LBs we have:

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Notice who Coach Mac has his hands on. His prize student. See that number 51 and number 9, they are both RTMMF's. The third in from the right in Dominique Noble. He is a beast as well. We are going to be stout at linebacker.

Go Jackets!

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Notice who Coach Mac has his hands on. His prize student. See that number 51 and number 9, they are both RTMMF's. The third in from the right in Dominique Noble. He is a beast as well. We are going to be stout at linebacker.

Go Jackets!
Dominique Noble a beast? The guy has like 30 tackles in the 4 years he has been on campus. He hasn't done anything to be called an average player, let alone be called a beast. What the öööö are you talking about?

05GTCorndog

Staff member
You just need to watch the games. Davis is in on over 50% of the tackles. He has a nose for the ball and when he tackles he usually leaves a mark. I've only seen a handful of linebackers better than him in college. He is the best we have had since Ted Roof roamed the flats. Just sit back and watch. He will lead the team in tackles, cause more fumbles and lead our defense to conference championship and maybe beyond.

Go Jackets!
PJ is good, but if he is one of the best LBs you've seen in college, you must not watch much college football.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
You bunch of dumböööös. There is no way any of you know that we are weak at LB. Hell, we could have the best group of LB's we have had in years. No way any of you dumbasses know one way or another how good we will be.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
You bunch of dumböööös. There is no way any of you know that we are weak at LB. Hell, we could have the best group of LB's we have had in years. No way any of you dumbasses know one way or another how good we will be.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
:biggthumpup:

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
I don't see a weak area on the defensive side of the ball. Of course injuries coul cause that to change.