Week 1 ACC Power Rankings (ESPN)

gtrower

Dodd-Like
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/...wer-rankings-georgia-tech-emerges-as-new-no-1

i
1. Georgia Tech (1-0)
The Yellow Jackets opened against an FCS opponent but looked like the team that ran over Mississippi State to end the 2014 season. The backfield, which underwent significant turnover, was exceptional, and Justin Thomas showed off his passing chops with a touchdown drive that consisted of only passes.
i
T-2. Clemson (1-0)
The Tigers also dismantled an FCS opponent, but Clemson suffered a major loss at receiver. Mike Williams is out indefinitely with a neck fracture. The good news is Deshaun Watson is healthy, and true freshman left tackle Mitch Hyatt was solid protecting the Tigers’ most valuable asset.
i
T-2. Florida State (1-0)
Everett Golson was terrific in his debut, although the competition will get much stiffer in the coming weeks. He might have the conference’s best stable of running backs to assist in the transition, and the defense is confident it has turned the corner from last season.
i
4. Louisville (0-1)
Lamar Jackson is the Cardinals’ quarterback moving forward, and the true freshman performed admirably in the opener against Auburn. The quarterback carousel might still be turning in Louisville, but the defense looks like it could be elite again under coordinator Todd Grantham.
i
5. Virginia Tech (0-1)
The Hokies were capable of pulling off the upset of Ohio State again, but a broken collarbone to Michael Brewer ended any chance of a Virginia Tech win. The defense should continue to be spectacular, but the Hokies could plummet down the rankings in the coming weeks without Brewer.
i
6. NC State (1-0)
The Wolfpack aren’t challenging themselves in the nonconference, but quarterback Jacoby Brissett showed promising growth in the opener. NC State is a dark-horse contender in the ACC, but we won’t know much about the Wolfpack for a few more weeks.
i
7. Duke (1-0)
Just like their Triangle neighbors in Raleigh, Duke didn’t play a tough opponent so it’s somewhat difficult to accurately gauge the Blue Devils. However, new quarterback Thomas Sirk played well, and coach David Cutcliffe is one of the elite quarterback mentors.
i
8. Miami (1-0)
Is this the year Miami will turn it around? The Hurricanes took care of business against FCS Bethune-Cookman, but the upcoming schedule is brutal. The Canes could shoot up the rankings before the month ends. Brad Kaaya could have the best season of any ACC quarterback.
i
9. North Carolina (0-1)
There isn’t much justification for the Tar Heels to be sitting at 0-1 right now. North Carolina handed South Carolina the game in the opener. The silver lining is North Carolina played well enough to win, and maybe they will build on the positives rather than dwell on the loss.
i
10. Pittsburgh (1-0)
Reigning ACC player of the year James Conner is out for the season, a devastating loss for the Panthers and an unexpected hurdle in Pat Narduzzi’s inaugural season. What do we make of Pittsburgh without Conner, especially after the Panthers narrowly escaped with a win Saturday at home against FCS Youngstown State?
i
11. Virginia (0-1)
Credit Virginia for scheduling like many of the elite programs should, but the Cavaliers are only hurting themselves. While they nearly upset UCLA to open last season, the Cavs weren’t competitive in the return trip to California. Now Virginia hosts Notre Dame, and Mike London needs to rack up wins soon.
i
12. Boston College (1-0)

Steve Addazio has worked wonders his first two seasons at Boston College, but he faces his toughest test yet with a complete overhaul offensively. It’s going to take some time for the Eagles to jell, but the future is bright.
i
13. Wake Forest (1-0)
Stop raining on the Demon Deacons’ parade. Programs need to learn how to win, and Wake Forest has not done much of that lately. It was against FCS Elon, but it was the best game the Deacons have played in quite some time.
i
14. Syracuse (1-0)
They nearly lost to an FCS team in the opener a season ago, so the Orange’s blowout of Rhode Island is a positive. But going forward, how effective will Syracuse’s offense be without QB Terrel Hunt, who is out for the season? The Orange will now rely on a true freshman quarterback.

They also really need to start getting the same writer to do these each week. An hour after these came out another guys picks us to get the #4 ACC slot in the bowl projections.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/85135/acc-bowl-projections-week-1-4

We should probably switch with FSU. We haven't earned that kind of hype just yet.

Once they get word that our backup QB is dinged up, we'll drop 4 spots.

We should probably switch with FSU. We haven't earned that kind of hype just yet.

Who has? We've earned it more than Clemson for sure. An argument could be made for FSU. Clemson should be #3 though. I could see GT/FSU as co-number-1s.

Yep, as I says, our O started where it left off and the D looks stronger. There's only 1 or 2 if any of those big bad ranked SEC teams that want any part of the swarm right now.

We're ranked #1, but they have us going to the #3 ACC bowl game.

Back