Week 1 ACC Power Rankings

I'm pumped about JHD as well, but to say a Fr LB in the 3-4 is poised for a breakout season...that's not likely to happen.

Everyone is just throwing crap against the wall and looking for what sticks. Even though it's basically a 3 day week with football starting Thursday, this is the longest freaking 3 days ever.

Everyone is just throwing crap against the wall and looking for what sticks. Even though it's basically a 3 day week with football starting Thursday, this is the longest freaking 3 days ever.

True to death.

So true. So sad. :frown:

Chinese Water Torture has nothing on this.

Yeah it sucks....I was supposed to leave yesterday for Pensacola.....it would have made the time go by so much faster....I was already into vacation....college football mode....now I am a worthless sack of dung at work....Thanks Issac Hayes...

Clemson absolutely smoked VT twice last season with a combined point total of 61-13 (23-3 and 38-10). This was a Clemson defense that gave up 29.29 ppg including 27 to Wofford and 19 to Troy. It's insulting to think he would put VT above them.

I really can't see VT beating Clemson or FSU this season. I would give them a 25% of beating Clemson (who gets a week off before playing VT at home) and a 35% chance of beating FSU (who gets a week off before playing in Blacksburg on a Thursday night). I think we have a 40/50% chance of beating them too.

I think we're good at 4th right now. My 12 would be:

1. FSU
2. Clemson
3. VT
4. GT
5. NC State
6. UVA
7. UNC
8. Miami
9. Wake Forest
10. Duke
11. BC
12. Maryland

The ranking itself isn't particularly off, though. It's how I'd do it sight unseen.

The ranking itself isn't particularly off, though. It's how I'd do it sight unseen.

I'd have to flip VT and FSU, but yeah, the top 4 are up there. Also, wherever UNC is in that (didn't particularly care), I'd move them down a few spots.

Clemson absolutely smoked VT twice last season with a combined point total of 61-13 (23-3 and 38-10). This was a Clemson defense that gave up 29.29 ppg including 27 to Wofford and 19 to Troy. It's insulting to think he would put VT above them.

I really can't see VT beating Clemson or FSU this season. I would give them a 25% of beating Clemson (who gets a week off before playing VT at home) and a 35% chance of beating FSU (who gets a week off before playing in Blacksburg on a Thursday night). I think we have a 40/50% chance of beating them too.

I think we're good at 4th right now. My 12 would be:

1. FSU
2. Clemson
3. VT
4. GT
5. NC State
6. UVA
7. UNC
8. Miami
9. Wake Forest
10. Duke
11. BC
12. Maryland

VPISU is TOTALLY over-rated.
They will lose 4: GT, Clemson, FSU, UVA.

NCST returns everybody to a team that
destroyed Clemson late last season.

GT crushed Clemson last year as well, and we are
WAAAAAAAAAY better in 2012 than we were in 2011.

FSU is going to REALLY miss Greg Reid and their run game has many unanswered questions.

So, I'm still favoring NCST to win the ACC-A.

I would not be surprised if NCSU wins the ACC-A, and would actually love to play them in the ACCCG if we make it. That would make a great game in Charlotte.

I would not be surprised if NCSU wins the ACC-A, and would actually love to play them in the ACCCG if we make it. That would make a great game in Charlotte.

IF ????

Get your !@#$%^&*() mind right !!!!

Top 4 are right. And at least this guy is not drinking any UNCheat kool aid.

E.J. Manuel is overrated and won't produce the heisman numbers he is predicted. I like the ratings except for VT at Number 1.

1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. GT
4. NCST
5. VT
6. North Carolina
7. Virginia
8. Miami
9. BC
10. Maryland
11. Duke
12. Wake Forest

We'll be 3rd just by beating VT (we will)

We'll be 2nd if Clempson loses (but I hope for national recognition that they don't)

Back