Week 13 BCS Rankings

wow the numbers are not even close:
LSU 1.000
Bama .9491
Arkansas .8985
OSU .8408
VT .7842

Maybe human voters put Oklahoma State above Alabama if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma. Maybe...

wow the numbers are not even close:
LSU 1.000
Bama .9491
Arkansas .8985
OSU .8408
VT .7842

Maybe human voters put Oklahoma State above Alabama if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma. Maybe...

Exactly. Not close to the point of basically writing off VT.

Auburn will beat 'Bama and Arkansas will beat LSU this week, making this all even funnier.

Alabama is a lock. The only thing that could actually hurt them would be Arkansas beating LSU and sending Alabama to play UGA in the SECCG, which they could possibly lose. Otherwise they are in. Look at the numbers.

Basically, whoever won of the top two BCS teams is the tiebreaker.

If Arkansas beats LSU, then it's a mess. ARK beat LSU, LSU beat Bama, and Bama beat ARK. Who wins the SEC West? Any of those three would most likely beat UGAg so the winner would have a good win at the end and would be in the BCS CG. VPI would have a win against Clemson, so that would help their case.

If the BCS CG turns out to be another intra-division snooze-fest between two SEC teams, the rest of the world will tune out. I think for this reason, you'll get either OSU or VPI in the BCS CG.

I think ARK beats LSU friday and sends BAMA to SEC CG. Then I think somehow the Butt Snifffers pull the upset. Then the BCS CG will be LSU-ARK rematch. Regardless what happens in next 2 weeks you will have SEC rematch in BCS game. Only Auburn can stop the rematch scenario.

So the ONLY THING that can save us from an SEC vs SEC national championship is if GEORGIA WINS?!??!

WTF?

It's pre-destined from the start of the season, for the benefit of ESPN. They all start ranked in the top 5 so it's up to them to just navigate. By the end of the year you have 8 one loss automatic qualifiers of course the ones that started ranked the highest (and thus likely lost to the 'highest' ranked opponent) end up on top.

The whole thing is a bucket of horse öööö.

Back