Well...GT ran into a Buzzsaw...

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
but the season is hardly a wrap. Everything is still on the table. Maybe we grow and learn from that game knowing we were simply overmatched. GT wont see a team that big and fast and athletic the rest if the year. They are better on defense than BC. No doubt. Whole other level better.

What do you all see going forward? I think we can honestly get 9-3 or 8-4. Miami, VT, UNC and UGA are the toughest left but I do not believe GT goes O'fer against that.

What say you? Onward I say.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Did we play another game Friday night or something?

MEwreck02

Russian Hacker/Biologist
OP was obviously the president of the bad analogy club in high school

texstinger

Dodd-Like
but the season is hardly a wrap. Everything is still on the table. Maybe we grow and learn from that game knowing we were simply overmatched. GT wont see a team that big and fast and athletic the rest if the year. They are better on defense than BC. No doubt. Whole other level better.

What do you all see going forward? I think we can honestly get 9-3 or 8-4. Miami, VT, UNC and UGA are the toughest left but I do not believe GT goes O'fer against that.

We are going to see a faster team this saturday. Might see some teams as big. May not see a team with all their qualities, coaching and motivation however.

But I do not know what we can do about what other teams have and do.

The season will play out, and I pray for the day when our HC does whatever is necessary so he does not have to continue and gripe about our OL play. Change the players, the system, the coaches - Just Do Something instead of always griping about it.

User 8976

User account deleted

I heard you say "Tech's offensive production numbers looked worse than an Enron audit."

We'll beat st. Fake Bake and his misdemeanorin Miami.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I don't think we're beating Miami. Other than that I also don't think we're beating Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, and UNC is a toss up. I think we win rest of the games. So looking at 9-3 or 8-4 with a win over uga, I'd take that.

HelluvaChemE

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we're beating Miami. Other than that I also don't think we're beating Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, and UNC is a toss up. I think we win rest of the games. So looking at 9-3 or 8-4 with a win over uga, I'd take that.
In a heartbeat.

And UGA looks like hot garbage right now.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot

Hoping for 6-6

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like

The season will play out, and I pray for the day when our HC does whatever is necessary so he does not have to continue and gripe about our OL play. Change the players, the system, the coaches - Just Do Something instead of always griping about it.
This is 100% the deal. This is 2016 and offenses have evolved.

miles44

Varsity Lurker
Actually, as well as Clemson played, totally dominating us, the final score could have easily been 14-7, at the most 21-7. We gave them 9 points right before half-time. Then shut them out 3rd quarter. Stopped them inside the 20, throw that stupid INT, in which they only get the 3 points.

Is it just me or is CU as overrated as UGA?

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
CU is very good. I think our defense is better than people are giving us credit for. The game Thursday could have easily been 45-0. I could have also been 14-0 at the half.

I think there is a better chance of GT being underrated than CU being overrated compared to UGA.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Actually, as well as Clemson played, totally dominating us, the final score could have easily been 14-7, at the most 21-7. We gave them 9 points right before half-time. Then shut them out 3rd quarter. Stopped them inside the 20, throw that stupid INT, in which they only get the 3 points.

Is it just me or is CU as overrated as UGA?
Actually, yeah, the Clemson offense is definitely overrated to this point. Even Deshaun Watson has not played very well at all this season, and the offensive line is not able to consistently run block at all.

However, the defense was vastly underrated. The Tigers' D is ridiculous, yet again.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
Heard after getting whipped by Duke at home in 2014, shortly before launching into arguably the best offensive season in GT modern history.
I'm advocating this offense evolve into or adopt aspects of something more contemporary in order to attract young men that are playing football in 2016. All young men...RB's, WR's, and OL. How much do these OL block in HS like PJ expects them to here?

johncu

Dodd-Like
I'm advocating this offense evolve into or adopt aspects of something more contemporary in order to attract young men that are playing football in 2016. All young men...RB's, WR's, and OL. How much do these OL block in HS like PJ expects them to here?
You could say that about almost every high school team in the country. Even if they do run similar concepts, it's not with nearly the same amount of precision or intricacy. Same goes for college-to-NFL transition, to a certain degree.

I actually don't disagree with you that evolution might be beneficial. The offense is perfectly capable of working the way it is, but perception can become reality, and it probably does put a ceiling on our recruiting. However, the fact is that CPJ isn't gonna overhaul the system he's used successfully for decades, especially not at the tail end of his career. So we might as well STFU about that until it's time to look for a new coach.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
I think it's important that the offense adapt to the personnel's abilities, but I wouldn't expect long-term adaptions. There were some really good wrinkles that we've picked up in the past that I hoped would become more of a staple though.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
I think we can be more of a power team this year. ...a big line and Mills could dictate that. Running in the B gap seems to be there, especially with the current way teams like to play us. Maybe less option would be more. We have some pretty good speed at A back, so id also like to see more quick hitting plays going to the edge. Lastly, let's use MM more in the short passing game and try to get him more touches with space to move. We need to adapt a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk