Well it's Sunday...

GTJason

Flats Noob
Thought it wouldn't come from reading this blog. Go do something that makes you happy then come back.

Have you guys seen GT football ever? Actually have you ever seen college football? Welcome to the game. Being a GT fan means you will have to deal with heartbreaking losses just like every team in the NCAA. We've had 2 this year.

The team lost. That means everyone from the coaches to the redshirt guys on the scout team. Deal with it. It sucks, especially to a used car salesman coach who can't find a shirt that fits like Golden. We'll be back next week and blow out MTSU 84-7 and we'll all be back on the bandwagon. The close losses tell me we are only a couple of plays from being undefeated. We're not, but we are a good team

As Cyp said, we are undefeated in regulation. If this was pre OT we would be 2-0-2 (1-0-2) LOL

Thought it wouldn't come from reading this blog. Go do something that makes you happy then come back.

Have you guys seen GT football ever? Actually have you ever seen college football? Welcome to the game. Being a GT fan means you will have to deal with heartbreaking losses just like every team in the NCAA. We've had 2 this year.

The team lost. That means everyone from the coaches to the redshirt guys on the scout team. Deal with it. It sucks, especially to a used car salesman coach who can't find a shirt that fits like Golden. We'll be back next week and blow out MTSU 84-7 and we'll all be back on the bandwagon. The close losses tell me we are only a couple of plays from being undefeated. We're not, but we are a good team

Something a lot of us are forgetting. If we had the 4th and 4 back against VPI and the 4th and 1 punt back against Miami, we're 4-0. Unfortunately, we can only learn from our mistakes and hope we don't make the same ones again. Such is life.

This is becoming more and more relevant to me as a Georgia Tech fan.

images

I'm still trying to get over it.

But that video of CPJ said it all. This is also something that he referred to during his radio show after the VT loss. As fans, we sometimes forget that our players and coaches have a lot invested in these games. It's not like they didn't want to win and gave up.

I feel pretty ---- ööööty right now as a fan but I can't even imagine what our players are feeling right now.

Hope all our guys can keep their heads up. There's some subtle finger pointing going on from the brief post-game press quotes from almost everyone. Hope we don't get into one of those situations where we have a dissent amongst the players.

We were definitely good enough to beat both teams and our guys showed moments of greatness in both games. What worries me is that those teams are not good enough to beat uga and the difference in talent showing up in the second half, 4th quarter, 47 seconds, 2 minutes, you name it.

C'est la vie. We'll get there eventually.

We were definitely good enough to beat both teams and our guys showed moments of greatness in both games. What worries me is that those teams are not good enough to beat uga and the difference in talent showing up in the second half, 4th quarter, 47 seconds, 2 minutes, you name it.

C'est la vie. We'll get there eventually.

The last few years are a direct result of weak recruiting CPJ's first few years. We'll see what happens, maybe, like Chan, he progressed.

The last few years are a direct result of weak recruiting CPJ's first few years. We'll see what happens, maybe, like Chan, he progressed.

I agree. Recruiting got a whole lot better last 2 years but needs to get alot better so we're still not mourning another Miami, vt or uga losses in 2-3 years.

[ We'll be back next week and blow out MTSU 84-7 and we'll all be back on the bandwagon.

No they will not all be back on the bandwagon after MTSU. Some of the more casual fans probably won't even show up , tune in or turn on next week.
There is really nothing to take from beating MTSU.
We lost to a division opponent Saturday. No beating up on Little Sisters of the poor is going to get us a do over on getting to the ACCCG.
And, in actuality, MTSU could pull off the upset - and I highly doubt we beat them half as bad as 84-7.

We are 4 - 7 in our last eleven games. We have given up leads and lost in 3 of our last 5. We are 9 - 12 against the better programs on our schedule. And cpj is 1- 3 vs ugag.

The only good I see is we aren't losing 51 - 7.

[ We'll be back next week and blow out MTSU 84-7 and we'll all be back on the bandwagon.

No they will not all be back on the bandwagon after MTSU. Some of the more casual fans probably won't even show up , tune in or turn on next week.
There is really nothing to take from beating MTSU.
We lost to a division opponent Saturday. No beating up on Little Sisters of the poor is going to get us a do over on getting to the ACCCG.
And, in actuality, MTSU could pull off the upset - and I highly doubt we beat them half as bad as 84-7.

Agreed. Much like I said UVA told me just about nothing, MTSU tells me even less. We've seen time and time again that blowing out lesser opponents has no relation to how we will perform against better opponents.

Right now I think the only thing that CPJ could do against MTSU to bring the fanbase back a little is start playing Vad. Even if he doesn't give us the best chance to win right now, he will add a new passing dimension to the game and people will also understand he's building for next year so we can hit the ground running.

Also, with the fourth home game in a row and the fact that it's a nooner, it will be more than just the casual fans who don't show up. The stadium will be half full at most.

I do agree that it's not for lack of caring on the part of the players; no doubt the players feel a lot worse than we do. Take how bad we feel, and then just imagine having to bust your ass in practice and the next game after everything that's happened. Must be tough.

My favorite thing about losing is all the people that come out of the woodwork on here just to complain. 'dickwad' has '40' posts since 2005, and feels the need to shout from the mountain tops about firing everyone. I also REALLY love how the transitive property of football is never allowed to be used to gauge a win, but is ALWAYS acceptable to use in a loss. For example. Miami is terrible b/c they got smoked by KSU. And we lost to a terrible team so we are terrible.

KSU just dropped OU in Norman, now I'm confused

Back