Well, it's that time again in November

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
It's November again and I've really studied the standings. This year I've got the scenarios all figured out as to how we can go to the ACCCG and/or a bowl game. Just a few things need to fall into place, we need just a little bit of help.

This year we only need Virginia Tech to lose one more game and I think there's a scenario that gets us in. Otherwise there could be a three way tie and does anybody know the tiebreaker system?

As to bowl games, anything can happen. We know that bowls like to screw us but I can see hope this year to go to a bowl on the east coast. Personally that Florida bowl looks like a good one for us so here's hoping for Clemson, et al to losing a game or two so we can maybe get ahead of them.

It'd take a supercomputer to figure out all the possibilities but as you long timers know, we're here in November still holding out hope! Go Jackets.

Did you really just post this today? Or is a repost from some past year and I just can't tell?

Va Tech has nothing to do with anything if we win 1 of our next 2 games. We will be in the ACCCG if that happens since we hold all the tie breakers with VT, Miami and UVA.

The only way we aren't in the ACCCG is if we lose to BOTH UNC and Duke.

If we get to and win the ACCCG we go to the Orange Bowl. If we lose, we will be slotted based on our final ACC record as compared to the rest of the league. We can't fall any further than a team with 2 more losses than us. So we definitely want to be 7-1 to protect us from getting screwed again.

ncjacket said:
Did you really just post this today? Or is a repost from some past year and I just can't tell?

Va Tech has nothing to do with anything if we win 1 of our next 2 games. We will be in the ACCCG if that happens since we hold all the tie breakers with VT, Miami and UVA.

The only way we aren't in the ACCCG is if we lose to BOTH UNC and Duke.

If we get to and win the ACCCG we go to the Orange Bowl. If we lose, we will be slotted based on our final ACC record as compared to the rest of the league. We can't fall any further than a team with 2 more losses than us. So we definitely want to be 7-1 to protect us from getting screwed again.

Somebody posted last night that ACCCG runnerup goes to Gator or ChickFilA. Is that not carved in stone?

Wtf?!?!?

midatlantech said:
It's November again and I've really studied the standings. This year I've got the scenarios all figured out as to how we can go to the ACCCG and/or a bowl game. Just a few things need to fall into place, we need just a little bit of help.

This year we only need Virginia Tech to lose one more game and I think there's a scenario that gets us in. Otherwise there could be a three way tie and does anybody know the tiebreaker system?

As to bowl games, anything can happen. We know that bowls like to screw us but I can see hope this year to go to a bowl on the east coast. Personally that Florida bowl looks like a good one for us so here's hoping for Clemson, et al to losing a game or two so we can maybe get ahead of them.

It'd take a supercomputer to figure out all the possibilities but as you long timers know, we're here in November still holding out hope! Go Jackets.
HERE IS THE SCENARIO: BEAT UNC or DUKE to go to the ACCCG and then win the ACCCG to go to the Orange Bowl. It is pretty simple. Did you really just post this today?? Or do you really think we might not beat both UNC and Duke??:wtf:

I posted that a few hours ago on the Hive. The first few folks didn't catch it either but then people realized the humor behind it.

Here, I'll respond a whole lot quicker because I've learned a totally different issue. With so much activity here and the Hive, folks really don't spend much time on posts anymore.

midatlantech said:
I posted that a few hours ago on the Hive. The first few folks didn't catch it either but then people realized the humor behind it.

Here, I'll respond a whole lot quicker because I've learned a totally different issue. With so much activity here and the Hive, folks really don't spend much time on posts anymore.
Ah, I get it. Your post describes the typical November for us. Thanks for posting this as it makes this season even better with the memory of rather disappointing Novembers.

Good humor. It's great to have turned the corner. A year ago we'd have to be serious about this. What a difference!

Okay I get it now. Thought it didn't sound like you. Need to put one of those little smiley deals on there next time.

If you don't do smilies, throw in a few speling are grammer errers sew wee git thee idear.

Sorry guys. If I put in the smileys then it loses its real form of humor/truth.

But I could have put in a "looser" or something!

mm42 said:
If you don't do smilies, throw in a few speling are grammer errers sew wee git thee idear.

Keep this type of grammar up and John Kerry will be sending you over to Iraq post haste!

By the way, wonder if his "joke" got a lot of Ugag alumni worried about a potential new "home".....

beej1953 said:
Keep this type of grammar up and John Kerry will be sending you over to Iraq post haste!

You mean like these guys?

irakimage1.jpg

Back