Well, moving on

texstinger

Dodd-Like
there is a season still ahead of us.

I know CG has tremendous inner strength as a person. How will he be able to transfer that to the players? What will he do and say?

When we go on the road it will be brutal. Can we use it to unite, or will our kids not be strong enough to handle it?

And all this following a heart attack, Travis out, Richard out, RH, Probation. Where will the leadership come from to overcome all this? Given the chance, will clough/DB make CG to scapegoat?

If you are CG, what do you do now?

Its offseasons like this one where I think the team will come out ready to just play football and move on. Kind of like 2003. Flunkgate happened and bam, although it wasn't the greatest season, I think our kids over performed in many ways. That season I was just hoping that we went to a bowl game considering we lost so many players.

I still think we have the abilty to be very good. Although Reuben is gone, we've got a good secondary. We STILL have two starting caliber corners who started often beside Reuben in Davis and Scott. If we can get solid minutes from Jamal Lewis (who is supposed to be pretty good) and one of our two cornerback recruits, I think we will be just fine.

Well, I for one am really happy football season is about to start. I can't wait to see us play. I just hope we don't have any injuries though. We are way thin now at a lot of positions.

BOR I agree, I think with all the adversity we have had the team will be angry and ready to prove something, as H-T said we don't need any injuries or at least none serious so I hope they are hitting the weights and doing lost of running for conditioning.

Some thoughts:

-RH was the most irritating component of our entire team last year IMO. So much talent that felt so entitled to a spotlight. He is the definition of a primadonna. He could hit, I'll give hime that. I'm glad the team is supporting him in his legal battles - I support him. However, this can only do good for our dynamic as a cohesive team. A little kicker: he lost our game against UNC this past year, not Chan.

-Chan Gailey is a good man. He is just what our program needs at this moment. I cringe at the thought of him leaving now. We need a man like him now more than ever. He has a tremendous opportunity. He is likeable, he has a gleefulness about him when good things happen, but he means business.

- As far as his performance, he doesn't have to go undefeated, just get us to Jacksonville. I will not waiver on the fact that he'll beat Beamer, Coker, Richt, & both Bowdens this year (a la Jacksonville). (Preseason is great for guilty, but not yet proven delusions). I say bring on the handicaps. We better not get prepared to use them as excuses, but kickers.

-Lastly, why do I keep seeing Clough come up in conversations? He has far bigger things to worry about than football. Tech has advanced as a world renowned institute because of him, or so I'm told by Tech's pubs. He hasn't done it all, but it is his agenda.

-If it's going to happen for us, it's going to happen. I just can't wait for the electricity I'm going to feel when I see Tech run out against Auburn. Hopefully it will be my newborn's first game.

-Enjoy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

I think the team is already united...as evidenced by support in the courtroom this week. Additionally, that seems to be part of the comments whenever visiting recruits are in...they note that our team seems like a family.

Hopefully they will turn this adversity into more fire to go out and find hard and perform.

As far as CG, I bet he will tell the team to first stand behind Reuben. He will then give another talk about off the field activity. Then...he will point them toward September 2 at Auburn, Alabama in front of 100K orange-clad fans.

From a pure personnel perspective we will be ok with Jamal Lewis...just thin again. We also have Dennis Davis in the mix. Remember that at several points last year CG and Tenuta made references to Jamal playing good enough to start in place of kids much older than him at CB.

My largest concern is still the following:
1) Call Ball be consistent?
2) Can the young OL provide protection...primarily Gardner?
3) Can the thin, and young in some parts, DL hold up?
4) Four away games at AUB, VA, VT, MIA in an 11-game season.

hivered, I was going to mention DDavis coming back too. Who filled in while he was out and is that guy athletic enough to take RH's position? Or could DDavis become a corner?

Although our defense will still be very good, no longer do we have unprecedented (for GT) depth at all positions. Now, more than ever will it be incumbent upon the offense to keep posession and keep the other team' O off of the field.

I've been thinking all off-season that people have been underestimating our upcoming offense. Now it will be critical that the offense does more than "hold its own".

Jackson, Kenny Scott filled in very well for Davis, and yes, Davis is quite capable of filling RH's spot more than adequately. The real issue in the defensive backfield will be experienced depth.

[ QUOTE ]
hivered, I was going to mention DDavis coming back too. Who filled in while he was out and is that guy athletic enough to take RH's position? Or could DDavis become a corner?

[/ QUOTE ]

When a 5th DB was a CB-type ...it was Jamal Lewis...and he did fantastic...we will be fine...just no depth.

Depending on the need...when the 5th DB as more of a safety type...it was Joe Gaston.

Back