Well, there goes the ACC Championship

1game@atime

Varsity Lurker
Guess that we are not gonna win the ACC this year. (Kidding, with tongue placed firmly in cheek)

We got destroyed last night by an inferior team. From this we may do several things: 1. Quit on this team and stay home. or 2. Jump to early and inaccurate conclusions about the coaching/conditioning/talent arguments fomented by the few and rabid fans on this Board, or 3. Take them one game at a time, acknowleging that there will be ups and downs with a freshman QB and a sophomore Coach. Under this scenario, a wise person looks Both at the positives and negatives of the program and does not allow one game to be the entire enchilada.

Because I have often attacked the persistently insane assertions of Beeware and MsTech, I am lumped by some into the Friend of Chan camp. To do so would be grossly inaccurate as I feel there have been times both last year and this where the coaching has been terrible. There is no excuse for losing as bad to UGA or Klempsun as we have the last two years. Does this mean that we dump Gailey or do we accept his apology for lack of effective preparation and go on? I Richt had been fired under similar constraints of the uninformed, then he would have been gone after the Auburn and South Carolina debacles his first year when poor clock management and even poorer play selection cost the Dawgs both games. At the end of the day, one must ask if the leadership accepts responsibility for the poor performance and secondly do they fix it! O'Gone could never accept responsibility and, thusly, would never have been a consistently good coach. Gailey did accept responsibilty for the loss while heaping the praise for the Auburn vistory on the backs of Tenuta and Ball so he does take responsibilty. The question remains whether he repeats these mistakes. I will withod judgement until later on that aspect.

No game is lost or won until the final bell sounds. That is why they are played One Game At A Time. On to the wierd ones from Nashville.

Woah, Clemson is HARDLY inferior. They got way more talent at the key positions than we do and on top of that they got depth to boot. However, they are not 39-3 better than us. Saying we got beaten by an inferior team is not recognizing the fact that Clemson HAS a better team than we do.

BOR, you are right about the talent and depth differential. In fact, I have no idea why we were even favored to start with.

We were picked because the odds makers thought that we have a better coaching staff than Tommy and company. Last night the coahing, from preparation to play calling on both sides of the ball to making adjustments throughout was terrible. Do we fire them because of this bad game? Heck no.

Back