Went to practice before the beesball game

GT Adamni

Flats Noob
This was the first practice I've been too. I wish I had tried to memorize some of the players numbers before I went. I've forgotten a lot of them since last season. If I go to another practice, I may take a list with everyone's numbers so I can figure out who everybody is. Also, I'm gonna wear a hat next time. The sun was in my eyes the whole time, so I had to hold my hand up to block it out. That became rather tiring!

I missed probably about 20 or 30 minutes at the beginning of practice, but I'll try to mention what I did see and remember.

I was kind of surprised that the QBs didn't have on red shirts to prevent them from taking hits. That's mentioned in the article in the AJC and the one on ramlinwreck.com. They didn't take a lot of hits, but the defense didn't completely shy away from them either. I like this. Putting red shirts on the QBs not only forces them to wear that putrid color, but not taking hits may make them get soft, IMO.

As you might expect this early on, the defense seemed to be ahead of the offense. However, I did see some good things from the offense.

Of the QBs, I thought Bilbo looked the best. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got. His passes were almost always right on target, and always had lots of zip. Although, he did throw a couple of interceptions and also fumbled once. Hall also looked good, and completed a beautifully thrown bomb to Levon Thomas. Suggs is more mobile than some people think. He had at least one good run that I remember.

I cringed when I saw Nat Dorsey go down during a pass blocking drill where he was matched up with Greg Gathers. He was walking around afterwards, but I didn't see him participate in any more drills after that. Let's hope that it wasn't anything serious.

Whoever was doing the long snapping to Dan Dyke was really having trouble getting it to him consistently. Probably just needs a little more work. The other snapper did an excellent job getting the ball to Morehouse, and Morehouse really boomed some nice kicks. He seemed to be more consistent that Dyke, but that may just be because Dyke wasn't getting that many snaps that came directly to him.

Didn't know who it was at the time, but PJ Daniels (#48) had a really nice run near the end of practice. None of the running backs really seemed to stand out to me. The coaches got onto Ford a few times for missing assignments or running incorrect routes.

On defense, Daryl Smith had an interception where he stepped in front of a Bilbo pass. Wimbush stripped the ball from one of the running backs, and was free to run all day. Most of the running plays were stuffed near the line of scrimmage.

Gathers, as you would expect, looked awesome out there. Hargrove also made some good plays.

That's about all I remember right now...

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Thanks alot adamni ... for those of us who arent able to attend the practices this is a big help... it is appreciated more than you know... tip of the hat to ya...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
thanks adamni,

great update. I keep saying I am going to get out to practice but work has prevented me so far. And I am getting ready to go to london on vacation for a week. But I will definitely be at springfest.