We're #2

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
In rushing offense. :lol: Airforce has us by about 15 yards.

We're still #1 in total offense, scoring offense, and pass efficiency though. And our defense is still top 50 in most categories.

We're lookin good.

We had AF by 100+ yds per game and ran for 311, how did they pass us?? I know they were playing a very bad FCS team so they mustve run for 600+ yds?

We are still #1 in points scored in all of college football. That's A LOT more important.

I don't expect to drop with what we have next 3 weeks.

If the defense were ranked in the top 25, they'd really be difficult to beat.

I suspect our defense is better than it's letting on. If we could just improve our tackling, we'd be lightyears ahead of where we are. Also, if you factor out the 3rd and 4th quarters we played with our 2's and 3's in in the first 3 games, we probably look a little better statistically.

We're still way better than we were in '09 and '10 on that side of the ball imo. Groh is a pretty smart guy.

We're 9th in the ACC in passing offense, ahead of BC, VPI, and ThugU. If we can have a 200+ passing game every few games, we should be able to avoid the cellar.

I actually love Air Force's offense. The fact that 2 triple option teams lead football is an awesome testimony to how effective the triple option can be. I'd rather be focused on the W category. Sure is nice to see us up there like that though.

I actually love Air Force's offense. The fact that 2 triple option teams lead football is an awesome testimony to how effective the triple option can be. I'd rather be focused on the W category. Sure is nice to see us up there like that though.
Fortunately, we're also in a (decent-sized) tie for #1 in the W category at the moment :biggrin:

Back