We're 5-2, assholes

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
And we have almost no talent at any position and probably won't for a few years to come.

You guys act like we're 0-7 and the season is over. Good grief you guys are negative.

Kyle wins again!

threadlikewheregoing753cz2.jpg

I'm copying and pasting my post (below) from the CPJ show to specifically address the asshole known as Kyle....

Kyle = the redneck caller from last night's show:

Last night's show simply reassured my confidence in what we're doing at Georgia Tech...

When questioned about recruiting and our "lack of playmakers" by a caller (some redneck), CPJ replied with this gem:

"As far as a lack of playmakers on our team, I believe some of our guys would disagree with you (lists Tarrant, IJohnson, Bostic, OSmith, BJefferson, Roddy Jones, Anthony Allen, etc..)"

THEN he said "if you pay closer attention you'll notice our problem is not playmakers, its a lack of upper classmen bodies on the LOS".

CPJ and Wes then go on to list the seniors on the 2 deep on the OL = Sean Bedford "A Walk-On" and Austin Barrick "A Converted Tight End". CPJ: "Let's look at the Junior class on the OL....there's Nick Claytor....and that's it." And Nick Claytor had back surgery (not mentioned during show).

It was basically a jab at all the crap he hears from people saying Gailey left him with all this talent. Gailey left us with depleted linemen. To quote CPJ "If we were so loaded, where in the hell did all these guys go? Did they disappear?"

Anyhow. 2 seniors on the OL who weren't expected to be starters. 1 Junior who was expected to start is starting.

We are playing a TON of young guys on the OL and "we'd be playing more if they hadn't of gotten hurt..."we've got 2 freshman who would be playing this year but they had season ending injuries".

Guys, things are only going to get better around here. OL recruiting has been priority #1 for CPJ and we'll start to see some big dividends down the road.

Do you just like have those saved on your computer, so that as soon as someone posts something that you think is applicable to one of your cool cool pictures you can run to your my pictures folder and slap it on here?

Yeah, it's called Google image search ... :rolleyes:

"If we were so loaded, where in the hell did all these guys go? Did they disappear?"
Starting for Bill Curry?

:P

We need to land a minimum of 3 OLs per year, probably 4, for the next two or three years, before we'll come close to having the line depth we need.

THEN he said "if you pay closer attention you'll notice our problem is not playmakers, its a lack of upper classmen bodies on the LOS".

And yet this young team is still on the verge of a bowl berth. Truly a testament to their character and great coaching. You guys need to stop with the cyber bullying.

;)

Starting for Bill Curry?

:P

We need to land a minimum of 3 OLs per year, probably 4, for the next two or three years, before we'll come close to having the line depth we need.

Don't remind me. I still can't believe Yandell couldn't get into the MBA program - did he even apply or just assume he wouldn't be admitted?

I'm copying and pasting my post (below) from the CPJ show to specifically address the asshole known as Kyle....

Kyle = the redneck caller from last night's show:

Last night's show simply reassured my confidence in what we're doing at Georgia Tech...

When questioned about recruiting and our "lack of playmakers" by a caller (some redneck), CPJ replied with this gem:

"As far as a lack of playmakers on our team, I believe some of our guys would disagree with you (lists Tarrant, IJohnson, Bostic, OSmith, BJefferson, Roddy Jones, Anthony Allen, etc..)"

CPJ and Wes then go on to list the seniors on the 2 deep on the OL = Sean Bedford "A Walk-On" and Austin Barrick "A Converted Tight End". CPJ: "Let's look at the Junior class on the OL....there's Nick Claytor....and that's it." And Nick Claytor had back surgery (not mentioned during show).

It was basically a jab at all the crap he hears from people saying Gailey left him with all this talent. Gailey left us with depleted linemen. To quote CPJ "If we were so loaded, where in the hell did all these guys go? Did they disappear?"

Anyhow. 2 seniors on the OL who weren't expected to be starters. 1 Junior who was expected to start is starting.

We are playing a TON of young guys on the OL and "we'd be playing more if they hadn't of gotten hurt..."we've got 2 freshman who would be playing this year but they had season ending injuries".

Guys, things are only going to get better around here. OL recruiting has been priority #1 for CPJ and we'll start to see some big dividends down the road.

Nice recap of part of the show last night which I thought was one of the better call in shows I've ever listened to.

Coach Johnson has done a lot with what he has here. Is he perfect? No, but he's done a great job since being here. His record shows it.

We're not done by any means this year. This coming up game is so important. Like he said last night. We'll see what we've got. We'll see if we're good enough.

Kyle is just being Kyle.

Thanks for the post! GO Jackets!

Don't remind me. I still can't believe Yandell couldn't get into the MBA program - did he even apply or just assume he wouldn't be admitted?

This was discussed ad nauseum, but I believe the MBA program let him know that he was very unlikely to be admitted before he applied. GT has gone up in the rankings since Daryl Richard was admitted and it's a recession, so the applications have also gone way up.

He could have started working on a second degree to continue playing here, but he did what was best for him.

Back