We're Going to Beat...

Wreck02

Damn Good Rat
... Virginia Tech

These guys look ugly.

Glennon has already thrown 2 INTs

Defense doesn't look like a typical VT defense.

I was about to post something similar. You beat me to it. Their offense looks atrocious. Line can't block, Glennon looks like hell. VT's two scores were a defensive td on a fumble recovery and a short drive on a fumbled punt.

ECU should be winning.

same here, I was waiting for the end of the half. Burnett is gonna have a great time with Glennon, if he is still the QB at that point! 70 yards on the ground for ECU just in first half, very good news for our rushing attack.

Sorry guys :)

The only thing that can save them right now is to burn Tyrod's redshirt. I don't even know if that will be be enough. This OL is awful and I'm really surprised how much the D is giving up.

ECU doesn't have Chris Johnson running for them anymore and they are moving the ball on the ground.

I don't see how VT will be able to keep a redshirt on Tyrod Taylor.

VT will improve by leaps and bounds by the third game. They look pretty crappy now, but UVa looked megacrappy losing to Wy last year.

Well know more after BC. If we do beat BC and VT, I'll bet CPJ has us in the ACCCG this year. He knows how to make a playoff run.

Well just to play devil's advocate, VT looked pretty weak in their first game last year (against ECU then too I think) and they seemed to turn it around pretty well. Hard to tell much from a first game. I'm sure they'll be happy just to get a "W" and then regroup. Taylor, if he plays, will be VERY tough to stop. VT has solid coaching and I expect them to be an enormous challenge when we face them in Blacksburg. Btw, we've got some serious kinks to work on as well.

I don't know if we will beat them, but they may do whatever it takes to beat themselves. They are about to lose to ECU. ACC ugly again.

ECU just pulled some Beamer ball on VT!

Man, this is embarrassing for our conference...

I think Beamer knew what he was doing when he announced the redshirt for Taylor. He knew his team was not going to be very good, but they'll be much improved when we get to them.

ECU is a pretty decent team too, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I won't go so far as to garantee a win, but I am confident in our running game, and with their young receiving corp and a an controversy brewing I believe well has a good a shot against them as anyone will.

Lots of talent there, but they have a lot of rust to knock off to be successful.

Looked like somebody painted the ole #1 white and snuck him in a Chokie jersey.

I hope Beamer continues the Chan channeling by refusing to burn Taylor's redshirt.

I think our main concern will be countering their speed to the outside. Notice how every time ECU tried something to the outside, 9 times out of 10, there were 2 or more vpi players there to stuff the play. I think Coach Johnson will need to come up with some creative play calling. I think that if vpi plays like they did today, we can very well go up there and get a win.

Heck of a win by ECU! The ACC continues to embarrass itself on a national stage. I fully expect Bama to beat Clempsun tonight.

VT looked ugly. Glennon was a mess. I expect us to beat them after watching that. A young defense that has trouble handling ECU will not do well against Paul Johnson's offense, and the "strength" of VT was an O-line that wilted as the game went on.

From a conference stand point, the ACC really does look pretty bad right now.

VT lost a TON on D from last year. Hard to reload.

I'd go with Clemson tonight, should be close.

The ACC will match up well with the SEC just as they did not long ago as soon as they have 6 or 8 stud QBs.

Macho Harris wasn't playing, ECU is pretty damn good, and Skip Holtz is a heckuva coach. I don't think VT will be a pushover, but our chances are looking better.

Back