Wes Durham handicapping GT

CPJ's main issue to me was his stubbornness and not willing to tweak the TO so as to add in some RPO and use the athletic ability of the QB's we have. With the difficulties of pass blocking from a run heavy offense, the RPO gives the QB better downfield vision faster and he can see the pressure and coverage quicker. Imagine running the TO and all of a sudden going hurry up with RPO. Defenses would crap themselves trying to adjust back and forth and couldn't load up in the box as often, especially if we line up in the TO formation and then switch to RPO formation at the line. I do not know enough about Monken as to whether he is flexible with the TO.

As would the offenses. Vad Lee comes to mind.

So you don’t have a plan. You don’t have a tangible target. You just want change. And you want change of the main thing that lead to one of the most successful decades of GT football since World War II.
Wow.. just completely throwing out the Dodd years.. sacrilegious brah

So you don’t have a plan. You don’t have a tangible target. You just want change. And you want change of the main thing that lead to one of the most successful decades of GT football since World War II.

It’s not wrong to think that the past decade of football could have gone better.

I think Jeff Monken will be a better recruiter than PJ. and I also think we need to adapt the 40-year plan strategy. I want players who want to play football and want to play football at the highest level. They also want to play at GT. I think we have too many players who use us as a backup school. I'd rather be a player's top choice.

I think Monken creates that environment we saw it in 2008 and 2009 and we saw an immediate change in locker room culture when he left in 2010.
I agree that we seemed to have lost a little something when he left.

We should hire Monken. It's a no-brainer. Only a complete moron would want to scrap the triple option. Most people's opinions of the team are based on personality problems with CPJ. Personality problems Monken does not have.

We have an identity now. Let's run WITH it. Not away from it.

See: Wisconsin for evidence of building an identity and running with it

See: Nebraska for evidence of building an identity and running from it.
I love CPJs personality. I hate the 3O.

If we had a coach that would dedicate any time to practicing throwing, throwing mechanics, and a blitz pickup we could win some ACC Championships and compete for NCs. Except for the past 10 years, we've attempted to compete without any of that.
Oh hell yes

Back