Wes Durham just said.....

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
what i meant when i made my statement last month on the final polls...He said: "That i know what the rules say (Meaning that the Coaches HAVE to vote the Bcs Champ. game winner No.1 ) BUT...They STILL have to vote...They COULD buck the system and still vote U.S.C. Champion in their Coaches poll"...After listening to Lloyd Carr of Michigan, you might see that happen. If I was a coach and had a vote..I would show some backbone and Vote for U.S.C.....Just say the heck with the B.C.S. !!!

that sounds nice but if you violate a contract you could open yourself up to civil liability. I wonder what the damages would be for taking away the NAT Champ game

Law..

Being an attorney, Do you think IF, the vast majority of the Coaches voted U.S.C. no. 1 anyone would be sued? Or WHO would Oklahoma sue ?

BlackWatch, I have to disagree with you. The coaches made a commitment to vote for the team winning the BCS championship game.

That is called "giving your word of honor". Any that goes against this vote has no honor. They have lost their honor.

If they want to vote to change the system this next year, fine, but they are disloyal if they do not vote their word of honor.

They all agreed to accept that criteria, this is no reason to break their word of honor. University of Southern Cal will win one of the polls anyway. The other poll should go as the coaches agreed ahead of time.

It is dishonest to agree on a system up front, and then change your word of honor because it does not come out like you wanted.

Father Time

the contract is with the BCS which I think is probably ABC and the Sugar Bowl and ALL THE ADVERTISERS.

If I pay 1million dollars to sell my wheeties at the championship game and then it does not turn out to be the championship game then I will get my money back

the ad revenue is in the millions for that game and probably more expensive than the rose bowl ads, so I think those companies that bought ads would have a claim against ABC so then the domino would lead back to the coaches

it is all about the $$$'s

If I was a coach with a vote in the poll, I would vote for who I thought was best...have a little backbone to do the right thing.

Also, nobody is going to be sued....the only thing that could happen is the coaches that didn't toe the line might lose their vote next year but even that would be tough to do if they all did it.

Ahso...

I understand where your coming from, BUT, who gave their word? I think probably some Representative of the Coaches...But sometimes you have to take a stand in life about what is right....I would not see it as an honor thing, but more of one on Principle (the principal that the BEST team deserves no. 1) ...I guess you could choose which is morally right...imho...

Originally posted by law_bee:
the contract is with the BCS which I think is probably ABC and the Sugar Bowl and ALL THE ADVERTISERS.

If I pay 1million dollars to sell my wheeties at the championship game and then it does not turn out to be the championship game then I will get my money back

the ad revenue is in the millions for that game and probably more expensive than the rose bowl ads, so I think those companies that bought ads would have a claim against ABC so then the domino would lead back to the coaches

it is all about the $$$'s
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

But, the coaches would vote AFTER the game and thus it could not hurt the advertisers....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

But, the coaches would vote AFTER the game and thus it could not hurt the advertisers....[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">it is still a bait and switch. BCS/abc have guaranteed a championship game to the advertisers and the network in exchange for $$$'s.

BCS/abc have paid MILLIONS! in exchange for the coaches agreeing to vote the winner of this game #1. IMO if they violated the contract it would cost the coaches/NCAA MUCH MONEY!

What I don't understand is why all these experts have put the cart before the horse. What if LSU or OU wins their game 60 - 0?

Originally posted by texstinger:
What I don't understand is why all these experts have put the cart before the horse. What if LSU or OU wins their game 60 - 0?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Texstinger I agree but also agree that rules are rules and they either need to go by them or change them.

Yes, but what about AP? The writers are not contracted to vote one way or the other are they? Maybe I have a total misunderstanding of the system, but if one of these teams wins 60 - 0 then who is to say the writers would then not vote them 1st?

Originally posted by FAN OF BOBBY DODD:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by texstinger:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Texstinger I agree but also agree that rules are rules and they either need to go by them or change them.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Warmer, warmer..

It's "the system" that's rotten and these are just symptoms.

We need a major overhaul but there's too much politics standing in the way to prevent it. That in itself is inexcusable.

Well, Wes was somewhat right...Just heard on Espn's post Gameday show...That three of the coaches bucked the system and voted U.S.C. no.1 in the BCS coaches poll.....

Back