Wes Durham taking it to Dukes and Bell

can't listen. what was said?

Tech is different. Recruiting is impossible - no fake majors or classes to hide kids. The gems we do get are different because they are persuaded to take advantage of Tech degree. Need to be realistic on candidates. Fans are unrealistic given setup of the school.

He states basic Stingtalk stuff really.

Tech is different. Recruiting is impossible - no fake majors or classes to hide kids. The gems we do get are different because they are persuaded to take advantage of Tech degree. Need to be realistic on candidates. Fans are unrealistic given setup of the school.

He also said Stanford is an absolutely, unequivocally, stupid-as-öööö comparison to GT. Stanford is a private school with a vast liberal arts program which can basically customize a major to an athlete once they are admitted.

Tech's narrow curriculum will continue to be an obstacle to admitting students who cannot read until they join book clubs.

I ööööing love that dude. That was well done and as always done with class and respect.

The contrast in the abject buffoonery those jackasses were spewing in the minutes before Wes came on about who we are and what we can be and what Wes had to say makes clear why Wes is in the bigs and those dudes are not.

About what I'd expect for the flagship station of failcons and commie kickball (dukes and bell not Wes of course)

Last edited:

He is a StinGTalk member.

I ööööing LOVE Wes Durham. Always have. Was genuinely sad when he left us for bigger and better. No one does it like him. Part of why I’ve disliked Gaudin and Demetra is because they’re not Wes. Granted Demetra (is that even his name?) is just a little booger.

I thought Wes nailed it. He knows Tech. Hell, he is Tech. I’ve sent the audio clip of what he said to several of my buddies who point to Stanford as the benchmark we should be shooting for.

I absolutely have loved Wes Durham and what he has done for Georgia Tech. He gets our challenges but also our uniqueness and opportunities. He was great in this segment.

One of the things that makes Wes so good at what he does is few prepare as well for a broadcast as he does.
And his level of preparation, even for something as impromptu as discussing Ga Tech with Dukes and Bell at the start of what was supposed to be a Falcons segment, was readily apparent.

Back