Wes Welker's wife gets my vote for Wife of the Year.

google her images....a lot hotter than i thought from the initial picture...I agreed with her before...but now....wow....I'm a fan of whatever she has to say

you seem driven by logic

It also moved the discussion and publicity from daily highlights on ESPN and CNN to arguements on sports message boards. If a settlement was not made, the case could have become the trial of the century for that year.

The fact he paid off the victims families in lieu of being sued in court tells me he's not squeeky clean in all this.

I don't disagree. At the same time, it annoys me that his "co-conspirators" weren't sued as well. Having money shouldn't make you a target; unfortunately it does in our justice system, and it reeks of opportunism. That said, I'm happy the victim's daughter is being cared for.

27289_4803038787524_241180323_n.jpg

Not necessarily. Claims are settled all the time to avoid the expense of a trial or the unpredictability of a jury. Also, the only way he could have been squeeky clean would to have not been in the situation in the first place. He had the deepest pockets, so he was the most likely target for a lawsuit.

He likely paid many times over what his court costs would have been. He probably paid several million to each family.

He should have gone to court to clear his good name if he was truly innocent.

He probably felt he stood a good chance of losing those cases.

He likely paid many times over what his court costs would have been. He probably paid several million to each family.

obviously you have no idea what you are talking about or you would not use the word "probably" so many times

the guy needed to get back and be at training camp and with the team, so going to court includes a loss of income as well as the actual fees

it is usually cheaper to settle out of court for many civil suits regardless of culpability. it's not fair, but it's the fact

Then there's a lot less money to go round to his posse, his many chiren and all dose baby mommas

Anyone can get charged with murder. Ray Lewis is innocent to me at least until proven guilty in a court of law.

Then you are a fool if you have reviewed the KNOWN facts.

He's just rich trash.

Nothing PB&J has been said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obviously you have no idea what you are talking about or you would not use the word "probably" so many times

the guy needed to get back and be at training camp and with the team, so going to court includes a loss of income as well as the actual fees

it is usually cheaper to settle out of court for many civil suits regardless of culpability. it's not fair, but it's the fact

All of that is secondary to essentially admitting guilt by paying off the victims. And it wasn't chump change, it was in the millions.

But you go on thinking he's a choir boy if you like.

All of that is secondary to essentially admitting guilt by paying off the victims. And it wasn't chump change, it was in the millions.

But you go on thinking he's a choir boy if you like.

the other more noble option is that he tried to stop the murder from ocurring, and failed. As such he felt there was more he could've done to prevent the deaths of the family members. Hence he desired to pay them a large amount of money to hopefully help get them through the same life he went through which is one without a father.

the other more noble option is that he tried to stop the murder from ocurring, and failed. As such he felt there was more he could've done to prevent the deaths of the family members. Hence he desired to pay them a large amount of money to hopefully help get them through the same life he went through which is one without a father.

I guess he could have started with not obstructing the investigation and cooperating with the police and not conveniently losing the suit he wore that night. All those things weigh in as well.

People's reaction to Ray Lewis always amazes me. From all accounts he didn't initiate the fight, and only one witness (who's credibility was questionable at best) testified that he even participated in the fight. I think a reasonable person can look at what is known and see a man who's "friends" got him into a very bad situation which he tried to stop in the heat of the moment, then later tried to cover up in fear of losing everything. I completely agree that he obstructed the investigation, but the "Ray Lewis is a murderer" line is over the top.
Dont know if he is a murderer or not but, he sure is not any pillar of the community.

sidebarlogo.jpg

About Us

Since the beginning of his career, Ray Lewis, Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens and future Hall of Famer, has maintained a steady practice of community involvement, family strengthening and charitable giving in Baltimore, Maryland. This tradition of giving, that he and his mother, affectionately known as Ms. Buffy, have established is now 11 years old and has grown roots.
Over the years, their giving has taken on the form of donations, grants, scholarships and community involvement. In an effort to focus heavily and solely on community involvement and family strengthening Ray formed The Ray Lewis Family Foundation (RLFF).
The Ray Lewis Family Foundation is a non-profit tax-exempt corporation whose mission is to provide personal and economic assistance to disadvantaged youth and families in distress with a focus on building togetherness in the community.
This foundation has developed annual programs focused specifically on educational development, self esteem, health awareness and family unity. The RLFF team has worked diligently to strategically plan the progression of his foundation into an organization that can sustain its presence and make purposeful and permanent changes in the lives of those in need.

I'm significantly less entertained now that she has backtracked. If you're going to start a feud in public, at least stick with it...

“I’m deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday’s game.

“It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams.”

4 wives - is that true? Like Lee Marvin said in "Paint Your Wagons", I'll kill him!

Murder charge - guilty - innocent? I have no idea. God will sort that one out at this point. But I do know that when you have the power of the gov't coming down on you it is a brand new world of hurt. And any plea bargains, settlements, lawsuits are not what it always seems to a person looking in from the outside.

Great player, yep. Egomanical dancing showboat can't stand to watch the idiot, yep.

Back