What’s the skinny on our recruiting class?

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Anything to write home about? Any difference makers? Is there a good summary anywhere?

Depressed that UGA got five or Six 5* and a bus load of 4*....

A True Tech Fan disregards* recruiting services rankings because if you don't, you're gonna have a bad time. You could make a bingo board with the coachspeak in rationalizing the classes over the years. You'll hear one or more of the following:

• "filled our needs"
  • "fit the system"
  • "not Tech men, didn't want them anyways"
I'm sure others can help out here.

*except for the 2007 class

I expect us to start recruiting in the lower 30s next year with all the new öööö theyre adding and increasing the recruiting staff. If not we wont be able to keep up. And i dont think expecting us to recruit the 30th best class in the nation is unreasonable.

Anything to write home about? Any difference makers? Is there a good summary anywhere?

Depressed that UGA got five or Six 5* and a bus load of 4*....

Um. uga got 8 five stars...Clemson was next with 6. Sorry.

DL class on signing day is best we’ve had since ‘10. Some decent LBs and DBs as usual. Got a difference maker at QB. RB class wasn’t great. Couple WRs with big potential (carter could end up being a stud). OL wasn’t anything to write home about although the transfer could end up being big.

Our class was ranked around 50-55, but somewhere in the 40s if you go by average star rating. I think James Graham and Justice Dingle will be big for us and I expect good things from several others.

DL class on signing day is best we’ve had since ‘10. Some decent LBs and DBs as usual. Got a difference maker at QB. RB class wasn’t great. Couple WRs with big potential (carter could end up being a stud). OL wasn’t anything to write home about although the transfer could end up being big.
I agree, nice haul of DL talent. I think at least one of the WR and one of the DB will be a difference maker. OL signees pretty ok I think. At least we got 3 and one transfer.
I do disagree on RBs we signed at least 3 here and they all look serviceable at least. The kid from Tennessee might turn out to be real good. So far we have had pretty good success with A Backs anyway.

UGA had a ridiculous recruiting class. I'm not writing it off as just another overrated class. It is bad news

Nothing we can do about that. Just got to do better ourselves

A True Tech Fan disregards* recruiting services rankings because if you don't, you're gonna have a bad time. You could make a bingo board with the coachspeak in rationalizing the classes over the years. You'll hear one or more of the following:

• "filled our needs"
  • "fit the system"
  • "not Tech men, didn't want them anyways"
I'm sure others can help out here.

*except for the 2007 class

"Obviously not academically qualified."

Umm, well, why did we offer the kid then?

UGA had a ridiculous recruiting class. I'm not writing it off as just another overrated class. It is bad news

Nothing we can do about that. Just got to do better ourselves

UGAg's recruiting seems to be getting easier since we've quit being a factor in recruiting the players they like. We used to go after the same guys, but letting them have free-run of the State is little more than what we're allowing with Johnson. Point is regarding their success, we're contributing to it.

Last edited:
Georgia has always recruited well, just not quite as good as Bama. Kirby seems to be changing that. Their class this year is ridiculously good.

UGA looks like the Falcon Heavy...ready for lift off to deliver it's shiny red payload. Oh well, it is what it is.

GA Tech is in a rut and UGA is riding the crest of the wave. It hurts. It is what it is. I'ma go punch UGA fan in the face now.

Uga benefited from a lot of SEC turmoil this year, remember. Give Pruitt and Mullen a full cycle. Don't get me wrong. Ugag will always have well ranked classes, but not necessarily monsters like this.

Back