WHAT A FREAKING PUNT

I believe that was the greatest punt, at the most crucial time, that I have ever seen (in 35 years) by a GT punter! That one will go down in history. Like the Sisson field goal at UVA in 1990. Like the Watkins catch at Clemson a few years ago. Like the Dez White TD run against UVA in 1998. Like Drew Hill's kickoff return for a TD against UGAg in 1978. Or the Jasper Sanks fumble recovery against UGAg. Amazing...

Also, that friggin' defensive stop by KaMichael Hall, on 4 & 1 in the fourth quarter, will go down as one of the greatest 5 defensive stops I have ever seen by a GT player...

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that was the greatest punt, at the most crucial time, that I have ever seen (in 35 years) by a GT punter!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take it a step further. Hard for me to believe there's ever been a more crucial punt by any punter on any team. An average punt with a small return might well have let Miami start in GT territory. What a freakin boot.

Agreed on that 4th down stop as well. Talk about clutch.

Our punter made two big plays one with that big punt and the other when he tackled the guy on the punt return to save the td. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Ben Arndt, brother if I ever run into you in Atlanta I will gladly buy you a beer (or 12)!!! What a clutch td saving tackle and huge punt when we needed it most. God Bless you young man, keep up the great work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Back