What a new brand means to me

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
If I was rebranding GT athletics, this is what I’d do:

1). If you become an All American or meet other measurements of importance, then we hang your jersey at the Mc or BDS, etc.
2). We are a state school, our job is to get kids ready for the next level. If that means turning pro and leaving early then we should enthusiastically support that and welcome those kids that can progress through the school even if they may only stay one year.
3) Being snobby in the athletic department means limiting how many two and three star recruits we take and about not worrying about over recruiting, etc. We did not make the rules but we will exploit them to the best of our ability because we choose to be and are capable of being great.
4). There is absolutely no correlation between crappy athletics and improved scholastics.
5). We will bring in Tech capable athletes.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

1). If you become an All American or meet other measurements of importance, then we hang your jersey at the Mc or BDS, etc.
2). We are a state school, our job is to get kids ready for the next level. If that means turning pro and leaving early then we should enthusiastically support that and welcome those kids that can progress through the school even if they may only stay one year.
3) Being snobby in the athletic department means limiting how many two and three star recruits we take and about not worrying about over recruiting, etc. We did not make the rules but we will exploit them to the best of our ability because we choose to be and are capable of being great.
4). There is absolutely no correlation between crappy athletics and improved scholastics.
If I had a daughter, this is what I'd do:

1). Dress her in White and Gold.
2). Put her on the campus to cheer the brave and bold.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

Is she self identified as a daughter?

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member

You do have a daughter.

texstinger

Dodd-Like

Regarding #1 - By “hanging” your jersey, do you mean retire?

Not possible - not enough numbers. Especially because you could not ignore previous winners. Heisman winner or similar, then that is different story.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I’d make the fight song say “like his daddy taught him to” instead of “used to do.”

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
And if I had some offspring,
I’d tell you what they’d do
They would yell “try your best”
Like their legal guardians used to do

You need to hit the previous verse about encouraging, but not requiring, them to wear the school colors.