What about a Freshman QB?

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
If Bilbo proves to be as erratic as last year, what would y'all think about a Freshman QB?

Please do not suggest Suggs as our best option.
I am at work right now and I don't need to laugh out loud.

I fully concur on Suggs. But a true freshman would be disaster. And one of those signees are already gone!!

Originally posted by techrod:
I fully concur on Suggs. But a true freshman would be disaster. And one of those signees are already gone!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">But how much worse would it be?
If it means the difference between 5-7 and 3-9, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

If it means not having a winning season, I would be talking about it. However, I don't really think that's much of a possibility given the current state of affairs on the Flats.

If one of the freshmen can prove to be a true leader and commandor of his troops, I say start him. Maybe this years team discipline can come from the one who is looked at as the captain already. Ive heard from many sources (very credible ones too) that Ball and Carter are excellent atheletes with the full potential of playing a lot this season.

GT Fish, I believe Debo can get the job done, however if not I agree give it one of the freshman or Camp!!

I think Debo will suprise some people. He just has to get that full gameday experience. He will calm down eventually and take over the situation. He's and excellent leader.

As of last nights bedcheck we were missing one frosh quarterback, but two are still left and whoever is still eligible may very well get the job.

Let's make sure Dbo is eligible!!!!

High profile (quarterbacks) are probably high on the hit list. The nags that tried to bust down the gates at Augusta National are probably having support seminars led by Jan Kemp on how to flunk them.

The wool jacket, chukka booted, tenured pipe-smokers are probably throwing darts at Buzz or players pictures torn out of the media guide. You know, flunk a lineman - 1 point, linebacker 2 pts.

Ha Ha real funny. At some point, I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody go postal and start flipping tables in a chemistry lab to get somebody's attention.

We need our own Dean Wermer to start teaching some lessons on the Hill - starting with Heisman 101. Football is important to us. We count. And we're mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore.

Until we show up outside the gates with pitchforks I'm not sure their going to do anything other than stroke their beards and lecture to us about "That's just the way Tech is and there is nothing we can do about it."

Right now I'm guessing DBo will have the starting job come fall but I don't believe starting one of the frosh is far fetched. Remember the old Friedgen offense is no more. We're running something now that's much easier to pick up. I'd say if for some reason Damarius falters the newcomers are given the ball.

Back