What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

make a pole. one where people can't see who voted for what and aren't skerred of what people think.

if you say anything negative about cpj this board will explode on you.

images

I think CPJ is best coach possible for Tech. This is an important year for him, though. The fans accept some ups and downs, and some rebuilding, but they also want to see some return to 2009 soon. Not to mention beating the dawgs.

He's got about two years to take GT to the national championship....if that doesn't happen he's gone :inoutugh:

Naturally I am not as high on him as when we first hired him or after those first two seasons, but I still think he is best option for GT all things considered. I don't have his seat being even warm.

Whether you like him or not, CPJ is about as safe as anyone in CFB not named Saban. He would have to pull a Petrino to get axed in this decade.

Whether you like him or not, CPJ is about as safe as anyone in CFB not named Saban. He would have to pull a Petrino to get axed in this decade.

if this is true then thats a real shame.

when you go 1-3 vs. your archenemy
0-4 in bowl games
1-3 vs. Miami

I like the offense. I like CPJ for the most part. However, I think his seat it getting a little warm.

I think he is a great fit for GT, and I am still a huge fan. His seat isn't warming up yet, but this year could change that. Lose to UM, uga, bowl, VT, climpson and his seat gets pretty warm.

This is unfortunate b/c I don't think we are going to be that good this year, but moving forward I believe the pieces are in place to be very good IMO (which doesn't amount to anything).

GEHJ you should post more.

The winningest coach since Bobby Dodd is on a warm seat?

Fire Fulmer!
43-22. deck stacked with 4 wins vs. duke, 2 vs. Vandy and another couple vs. a very bad Miss State.

maybe a decent % but WHO has he beaten?
2009 clemson twice- good work there
2008 uga-a struggling side but still good.
vt 09-good win

Seriously....CPJ is an interesting guy who most GT fans like because hes an arrogant cocky bastard.....which they can relate to.....get soupy is right....he hasn't done much though

43-22. deck stacked with 4 wins vs. duke, 2 vs. Vandy and another couple vs. a very bad Miss State.

maybe a decent % but WHO has he beaten?
2009 clemson twice- good work there
2008 uga-a struggling side but still good.
vt 09-good win

Beat 5th ranked Clemson last year, albeit they didn't have Ellington and we put Jemea on a Freshman, but I still consider that a quality win.

Beat 5th ranked Clemson last year, albeit they didn't have Ellington and we put Jemea on a Freshman, but I still consider that a quality win.

yes. i will take that win anyday.

pros of cpj.
ALways have a chance

cons
the same old bastards keep beating us
the things that seem to be the problem-dont really seem to get corrected.

i don't hate him. i don't dislike him.
i like him.
but his seat needs to be warm.

I like PJ cause he's that arrogant cocky bastard, but I also think he can coach like a mofo. All we need is a half way ööööty D and he'd be immortal status. I think we are on our way to that decent D with AG coaching and McCollum getting recruiting cranked up.

Back