What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

2011 was a disaster for TOB. NCSU lost about 10 starters by week 3. Lost 5 KEY players in pre-season camp with season ending injuries.

NCSU will be very good this year, b/c TOB gets all those players back.

NCSU struggled early last year and got better towards end of season. NCSU destroyed Clemson in Week 11.

IMHO, the ACC-A will come down to winner of NCSU-FSU game on October 6th. For now, I give the edge to NCSU.

IMHO, I think the SEC is going to have a bad start to the season b/c I believe:

1. NCSU will blast Tenn
2. Clemson will beat Auburn
3. Michigan will beat Bama. Late FG for the win. Maybe 23-20.
4. Mizzou will beat UGAG in a close one. Maybe 23-20 also
5. TXAM will beat UF (Gators might get embarrassed)
Kevin Sumlin as OC > Muschamp as DC.

6. Vandy will shock the world and beat UF on Oct 13th.
UF has a bye Week 5. Weeks 6 begins with LSU, then Vandy, then USC, then UGA, all back-to-back.

For NCSU I'll believe it when it happens. They were saying the same things about them after they had that year Russel Wilson was injured for a lot for and came back down the stretch to get to a bowl game. I don't think they had a better record the next year.

For you SEC predictions, I can say I have similar thoughts on all but Michigan-Bama. Clemson-Auburn is a mystery to me but I won't disagree.

2011 was a disaster for TOB. NCSU lost about 10 starters by week 3. Lost 5 KEY players in pre-season camp with season ending injuries.

NCSU struggled early last year and got better towards end of season. NCSU destroyed Clemson in Week 11.

IMHO, the ACC-A will come down to winner of NCSU-FSU game on October 6th. For now, I give the edge to NCSU.

1. NCSU will blast Tenn
2. Clemson will beat Auburn
3. Michigan will beat Bama. Late FG for the win. Maybe 23-20.
4. Mizzou will beat UGAG in a close one. Maybe 23-20 also
Kevin Sumlin as OC > Muschamp as DC.

6. Vandy will shock the world and beat UF on Oct 13th.
UF has a bye Week 5. Weeks 6 begins with LSU, then Vandy, then USC, then UGA, all back-to-back.

I'll even add #7: Kentucky beats UF as well.

Going to be some hard times at UF in 2012.

1. no way
2. why would that be that big of a surprise
3. probably not but that would be cool
4. doubt it but once again, the SEC wants mizzou and AandM to come in and compete. that game is going to be a huge home field adv. for mizzou in their first ever SEC game-BUT-uga is the much better team in that contest.
5. maybe. but probably not. both are going to struggle a little bit.
6. maybe, but i doubt they will "shock" the world. by then we will know that UF is mediocre.
7. doubt it. kentucky is pretty bad.

i think UF will be just fine. that muschamp will figure things out. at least they won't be running any gimmicks.

I pray half those predictions are right.

I also point out none of them matter if the ACC can't handle our freaking business on Thanksgiving weekend.

1. NCSU will blast Tenn Negative, UT 24-17
2. Clemson will beat Auburn Probably
3. Michigan will beat Bama. Late FG for the win. Maybe 23-20. Negative, Bama 20-10
4. Mizzou will beat UGAG in a close one. Maybe 23-20 also Negative, uga 27-21 with a late scare from mizzou
Kevin Sumlin as OC > Muschamp as DC. Probably

6. Vandy will shock the world and beat UF on Oct 13th. Hopefully

I hope you are correct on all accounts and I am way off :biggthumpup:

85 if you're interested in a friendly prop wager, I'll put a drink on Michigan scoring more than 10 on Bama.

Don't be surprised if UT loses to NCSU. UT is not good.

TENN has not only one of the best fan bases when it comes to travel but also a huge ATL following. that game will be 85% UT. No way NCSU wins that game.

85 if you're interested in a friendly prop wager, I'll put a drink on Michigan scoring more than 10 on Bama.

who is this to?

I think Michigan can def. beat bama and scoring plus10 is a given. Denard Robinson is pretty great.

TENN has not only one of the best fan bases when it comes to travel but also a huge ATL following. that game will be 85% UT. No way NCSU wins that game.

No way. NCSU has a good fan base for football, it won't even be half Tennessee. This isn't Alabama-Duke.

...but yeah, NCSU will likely lose anyway.

No way. NCSU has a good fan base for football, it won't even be half Tennessee. This isn't Alabama-Duke.

...but yeah, NCSU will likely lose anyway.

lol. it will be OVERHALF for Tenn. Tenn travels amazing. NCSU travels well, sure, but not as well as Tenn. When they opened up in Cal a few years ago a huge portion of that stadium was that nasty tenn orange.

this isn't a typical away game where you need 5-10k fans to travel to make it look like you travel well. you are going to need in the 30k range and then rely on a lot of alumn in the area to come out too. basically you are going to need close to a home game type crowd-to go to atlanta for you.

1. no way
2. why would that be that big of a surprise
3. probably not but that would be cool
4. doubt it but once again, the SEC wants mizzou and AandM to come in and compete. that game is going to be a huge home field adv. for mizzou in their first ever SEC game-BUT-uga is the much better team in that contest.
5. maybe. but probably not. both are going to struggle a little bit.
6. maybe, but i doubt they will "shock" the world. by then we will know that UF is mediocre.
7. doubt it. kentucky is pretty bad.

i think UF will be just fine. that muschamp will figure things out. at least they won't be running any gimmicks.

"at least they won't be running any gimmicks"

Now ^^THIS^^ makes me laugh.

SEC media outlets openly mocked Spurrier when he brought his "fun-n-gun" offense to UF in 1990 saying it would NEVER work in a conference where only a power running game could win in the SEC. Spurrier spent the next 10 years curb-stomping the SEC and his favorite target: UGAG.

The VERY SAME media outlets openly mocked Meyer for bringing his "gimmick" spread offense from Utah to UF in 2005, again saying that it would NEVER work and only a power running game could win in the SEC.
Same result as Meyer spent the next 5 years curb-stomping the SEC and HIS favorite target, UGAG, on his way to back-to-back national titles.

No media outlet...ANYWHERE...predicted CPJ to win more than 3-4 games in 2008 with his new "gimmick" offense, and trumpeted that his offense would NEVER work in D1. CPJ has done very well with it.

2012 will be the year ALL doubts about CPJ are put to rest.

lol. it will be OVERHALF for Tenn. Tenn travels amazing. NCSU travels well, sure, but not as well as Tenn. When they opened up in Cal a few years ago a huge portion of that stadium was that nasty tenn orange.

this isn't a typical away game where you need 5-10k fans to travel to make it look like you travel well. you are going to need in the 30k range and then rely on a lot of alumn in the area to come out too.

My bad, you're right -- was thinking this was @ NCSU for some reason, not neutral site. Was thinking of when Alabama played @ Duke and it probably was 80% Bama fans.

My bad, you're right -- was thinking this was @ NCSU for some reason, not neutral site. Was thinking of when Alabama played @ Duke and it probably was 80% Bama fans.

you are also right though. ncsu has good fans.

Actually both teams are having trouble selling their ticket allotments.

Back